Transfer Geonetwork from one computer to another

Transfer Geonetwork from one computer to another

patrick05
I've finished testing Geonetwork 3.0.4 in my windows PC and added a number of metadata files. Now I need to transfer the entire application to a server environment, but it doesn't seems to respond once I do this. I had the setup running as a .war file inside tomcat webapps dir and I'm trying the same in my windows server as well. Any help.
Thanks,
Pat.

Re: Transfer Geonetwork from one computer to another

Jo Cook
Hi Patrick,

Can you start a clean geonetwork war file on your server? If you can, then
it might be easiest to export the metadata as a zip file from your windows
pc and load it onto the server. If a clean war file doesn't deploy, then
there should be some log files you can take a look at somewhere in the
tomcat install on the server.

Regards

Jo

--
*Jo Cook*
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

Astun Technology Ltd, The Coach House, 17 West Street, Epsom, Surrey, KT18
7RL, UK
t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com twitter:@astuntech
<https://twitter.com/astuntech>

Register here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/astun-user-conference-2017-tickets-31457635635?aff=es2
Astun User Conference web page:
https://astuntechnology.com/astun-user-conference/
iShare - enterprise geographic intelligence platform
<https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/services/#training>
Helpdesk and customer portal
<http://support.astuntechnology.com/support/login>

864201149.

Re: Transfer Geonetwork from one computer to another

patrick05
Thanks Jo Cook,

I've tried it. The new Geonetwork works finely in the server, but I'm not
sure of where the metadata files are stored? I suppose, it should be in
this directory:
"C:\xampp\tomcat\webapps\geonetwork\WEB-INF\data" . I see a h2 db file
here, and I've copied the entire data directory to the new Geonetwork
instance. However, I can't see any of my previous metadata files. I need to
preserve my metadata files, don't need to redo them again.

This used to be quite straight forward in v2.*.

Best Regards,
Pat.

--
GIS Student

Re: Transfer Geonetwork from one computer to another

Jo Cook
Hi Pat,

In the admin console there's a "statistics and status" section, and then an
information tab where you will find the location of the data directory.
However, if you download the metadata from your windows pc, you should be
able to simply export that in one go to your windows server installation
using the contribute menu- you won't need to redo them.

Jo

[...]

Okay, it's fine. I'll try the batch upload or harvesting to the new
instance.

I appreciate your support.

Cheers!

--