Training in DC

guidos
Hey folks,

Im starting to collect ideas for a training day or two dow in DC. I have been polling some agencies and have found the following information so far:

https://github.com/OSGeo-US/FedGeoPlanning

Please let me know if you would like to participate in organizing this effort.

-guido

Re: [EXTERNAL] Training in DC

Newcomb, Doug
Guido,
When are you thinking about this happening?

Doug

--
Doug Newcomb - Cartographer
USFWS

Re: [EXTERNAL] Training in DC

guidos
So I am thinking that we can hold something in June or July, but I am working with some fed agency folks and will let them guide me.

At the moment this is more of a requirements gathering excercise. If there is a good time for a training day feel free to add it to the repo as a recommendation, the more input the better.

-Guido

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 9:07 AM Newcomb, Doug <[hidden email]> wrote:
Guido,
When are you thinking about this happening?

Doug

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 8:54 AM Guido Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hey folks,

Im starting to collect ideas for a training day or two dow in DC. I have been polling some agencies and have found the following information so far:

https://github.com/OSGeo-US/FedGeoPlanning

Please let me know if you would like to participate in organizing this effort.

-guido

--
Doug Newcomb - Cartographer
USFWS
551F Pylon Dr
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 [hidden email]

Re: [EXTERNAL] Training in DC

Newcomb, Doug
Will there be a remote participation option?

Doug

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 9:24 AM Guido Stein <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

NOTE: This email correspondence and any attachments to and from this sender is subject to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) and may be disclosed to third parties.

--
Doug Newcomb - Cartographer
USFWS
551F Pylon Dr
Raleigh, NC
919-856-4520 ext. 14 [hidden email]

Re: [EXTERNAL] Training in DC

guidos
I don't think this round we will do this as it will be more of workshop/training and 20-30 people in the room will be a lot for teachers and assistants to handle.

I am seeing this as the first attempt at building a training day tutorial that we could and will roll out in other places after this event. DC is a good place to try things out because the ability to build critical mass for supporting and funding these events is clear and straightforward.

-Guido