Towards 2.0 release

Vincent Picavet (ml)
Hello,

iTowns is progressing, and we should start shaping up a clear release
plan for version 2.0.

I think having alpha and beta release before the end of the year should
be doable, and we could plan for a 2.0 release early 2017 (after a
codesprint ? More on this in later email).

Can you cast your advice on this ?

I created a 2.0 milestone on Github, and also a 2.1 milestone.
Our work now is to set the milestones to the tickets, so that we can get
a clearer view of the work left for the release.

https://github.com/iTowns/itowns2/milestone/1

So please review the issues and set their milestones. If you think a
feature / issue will not make it to 2.0 but will come in soon, you can
set the 2.1 milestone instead of 2.0. Everything else will be considered
as a distant future.

Also make sure that every task you have in mind has its own issue, and
try to assign them milestone and labels.

Do not hesitate to discuss in this thread about the important tasks for
2.0 and your view on the development and release schedule.

This is important to get right, since we now have quite good external
visibility thanks to multiple presentations. The community now awaits
the framework and it is important to provide visibility on what they can
expect in the forthcoming months.

Thank you for your work, and get ready for the run before the release !

Vincent

Re: Towards 2.0 release

Vincent Picavet (ml)
Hello,

Could you please take this email into account and take actions accordingly ?

Vincent