Too many symbols defined

Pavel Dobe_
Hi,

I just upgrade to ms4w 2.2.2 and now I have problems with

Warning: [MapServer Error]: msLoadSymbolSet(): Too many symbols defined. in ...

I didn't found any notice about it in CHANGELOG. How many symbols can I load in this version of ms4w or second solution is to create in phpmapscript symbols like:

Symbol
Name '4'
Type TRUETYPE
Font "vera-bold"
Character "4"
Antialias TRUE
END

Now I have about 100 symbols and it's too much :-(

I know, phpmapscript solution is out of reach of this list...

Thanks
PaD

Re: Too many symbols defined

Umberto Nicoletti
mapserver is limited to 64 symbols.

To change this limit you must recompile mapserver after modifying
following define:

#define MS_MAXSYMBOLS 64

Umberto

On 1/19/07, Pavel Dobe_ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just upgrade to ms4w 2.2.2 and now I have problems with
>
> Warning: [MapServer Error]: msLoadSymbolSet(): Too many symbols defined. in ...
>
> I didn't found any notice about it in CHANGELOG. How many symbols can I load in this version of ms4w or second solution is to create in phpmapscript symbols like:
>
> Symbol
> Name '4'
> Type TRUETYPE
> Font "vera-bold"
> Character "&#52;"
> Antialias TRUE
> END
>
> Now I have about 100 symbols and it's too much :-(
>
> I know, phpmapscript solution is out of reach of this list...
>
> Thanks
> PaD

Re: Too many symbols defined

Jeff McKenna-2
Pavel,

Good catch.  Yes MS4W 2.2.2 has the default limit of 64 symbols.  I will
bump that back up to 128 for the next release.

jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
DM Solutions Group Inc.