Tip on how to change colors and font of GRASS modules

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Tip on how to change colors and font of GRASS modules

luislisboa1975
Greetings

I have already sent this message to the mailing list but so far no one answer me. This is quite simples/easy to answer:)
Where can I change the modules panels/font colors and fonts? I mean, in which files is all of this information defined?
Thanks

Best regards,
Luis

_______________________________________________
grass-gui mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-gui
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Tip on how to change colors and font of GRASS modules

Markus Neteler
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Luis Lisboa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings
> I have already sent this message to the mailing list but so far no one
> answer me. This is quite simples/easy to answer:)

So then.. :)

> Where can I change the modules panels/font colors and fonts? I mean, in
> which files is all of this information defined?

I think that wxGUI is just using the system settings.
Randomly searching, I found
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/440507-changing-the-background-color-of-the-menu-bar-in-a/

which means that wxPython functions exist to change the colors
(apparently unused in GRASS to make use of system settings).

Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-gui mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-gui
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Tip on how to change colors and font of GRASS modules

luislisboa1975
Hi Markus
THANKS for the answer :) :)
Although your link is quite interesting, I'm looking for a more "simple answer". I mean, I just want to know in which GRASS's Python file is defined the colours, layouts and fonts that defines GRASS's modules.
For instance, the intro panel is defined in gis_set.py file. 

Thanks 
Luis

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:18 PM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 4:40 PM, Luis Lisboa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings
> I have already sent this message to the mailing list but so far no one
> answer me. This is quite simples/easy to answer:)

So then.. :)

> Where can I change the modules panels/font colors and fonts? I mean, in
> which files is all of this information defined?

I think that wxGUI is just using the system settings.
Randomly searching, I found
http://code.activestate.com/recipes/440507-changing-the-background-color-of-the-menu-bar-in-a/

which means that wxPython functions exist to change the colors
(apparently unused in GRASS to make use of system settings).

Markus


_______________________________________________
grass-gui mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-gui
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Tip on how to change colors and font of GRASS modules

Pedro Roma
In reply to this post by luislisboa1975
Hi there

I have already sent a similar email regarding this issue. 
About the introduction panels, thanks Luis.. It was helpful.
But I would also like to know, where is defined colors/fonts bla bla bla from Map Display Window, Layer Manager and GRASS's modules.
Thanks

Pedro

_______________________________________________
grass-gui mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-gui
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Tip on how to change colors and font of GRASS modules

Markus Neteler
On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM, Pedro Roma <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi there
> I have already sent a similar email regarding this issue.
> About the introduction panels, thanks Luis.. It was helpful.
> But I would also like to know, where is defined colors/fonts bla bla bla
> from Map Display Window, Layer Manager and GRASS's modules.

While I still think that the majority is just wxPython's system settings,
this list is read by very few developers.

It may be more successful to ask this on grass-dev.

Markus
_______________________________________________
grass-gui mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/grass-gui
Loading...