Time for me to move on from OSGeo

Cameron Shorter
Hi all,
I've decided that I need to significantly step back from my involvement in OSGeo activities.
I've picked up my involvement in tech writing in open source, focused around https://thegooddocsproject.dev and I need to drop some things.
I've also moved my career toward tech writing.

As such, I offer my retirement notice to all of the OSGeo committees that I've been involved in. (Feel free to move me into the retired section of committees.)
I will hover around the edges of OSGeoLive, and OSGeoLexicon, and will be available if people reach out to me directly.
But I've been here for over a decade. It is time for me to try something new, and create space for others.

Good luck to everyone. OSGeo has done some great things and I'm sure will do much more.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google

Re: Time for me to move on from OSGeo

Arnulf Christl
Hey Cameron,
thanks for all your support over the past decade and all the best for your new endeavors. It has been a pleasure working with you and I always honored and learned a lot form your well-thought-out comments and suggestions. Great to see you leverage these skills for docs in the future.

Best regards,
Arnulf

Am 18.06.20 um 14:15 schrieb Cameron Shorter:
[...]

b.j.kobben

Sorry to see you go Cameron, thanks for all you did. May the FOSS be with you!

--

Barend Köbben

Senior Lecturer – ITC-GIP & ATLAS, University Twente

[...]

Suchith Anand
Hi Cameron,

Thank you for your contributions to OSGeo community.  OSGeoLive is a great resource for our education efforts  and helping so many educators and students globally and I want to thank you for your work and efforts over the years that made this possible.

Wishing you the very best for the future.

Best wishes,

Suchith

I've decided that I need to significantly step back from my involvement in OSGeo activities.
I've picked up my involvement in tech writing in open source, focused around https://thegooddocsproject.dev and I need to drop some things.
I've also moved my career toward tech writing.

As such, I offer my retirement notice to all of the OSGeo committees that I've been involved in. (Feel free to move me into the retired section of committees.)
I will hover around the edges of OSGeoLive, and OSGeoLexicon, and will be available if people reach out to me directly.
But I've been here for over a decade. It is time for me to try something new, and create space for others.

Good luck to everyone. OSGeo has done some great things and I'm sure will do much more.

--
Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google

attachment.

where permitted by law.

Re: Time for me to move on from OSGeo

Jorge Sanz
Cameron,

Thanks for all these years, I was always impressed with your level of professionalism when coordinating OSGeo Live in the early days when I was active as part of the gvSIG team. You were always supportive and patient, yet persuasive to keep us all engaged in testing, translating, doc writing, etc.

I'm sure you'll be successful in any endeavor you start and looking forward to what's next for you and crossing paths again!!

Cheers!!

On Thu, 18 Jun 2020 at 14:45, Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Tom Kralidis
Hi Cameron: sorry to hear this, but happy for you.  Having
known/worked with you on/off
over many years (circa MapBuilder), I can say you have a great
capability for future
state/high level and architecture, as well as being ready to get into
the corners to deliver
just the same.

Thanks for your invaluable contributions and best of luck in your
future endeavors.

..Tom

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 8:46 AM Cameron Shorter
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've decided that I need to significantly step back from my involvement in OSGeo activities.
> I've picked up my involvement in tech writing in open source, focused around https://thegooddocsproject.dev and I need to drop some things.
> I've also moved my career toward tech writing.
>
> As such, I offer my retirement notice to all of the OSGeo committees that I've been involved in. (Feel free to move me into the retired section of committees.)
> I will hover around the edges of OSGeoLive, and OSGeoLexicon, and will be available if people reach out to me directly.
> But I've been here for over a decade. It is time for me to try something new, and create space for others.
>
> Good luck to everyone. OSGeo has done some great things and I'm sure will do much more.
>
> --
> Cameron Shorter
> Technical Writer, Google

Re: Time for me to move on from OSGeo

Angelos Tzotsos
Dear Cameron,

Thank you for all your contributions in OSGeo, it has been an honor to work with you on OSGeoLive, your mentorship in my early days on the project is much appreciated.

I hope to see you soon and best of luck on your new projects.

Best regards,
Angelos

On 6/18/20 3:15 PM, Cameron Shorter wrote:
Hi all,
I've decided that I need to significantly step back from my involvement in
OSGeo activities.
I've picked up my involvement in tech writing in open source, focused
around https://thegooddocsproject.dev and I need to drop some things.
I've also moved my career toward tech writing.

As such, I offer my retirement notice to all of the OSGeo committees that
I've been involved in. (Feel free to move me into the retired section of
committees.)
I will hover around the edges of OSGeoLive, and OSGeoLexicon, and will be
available if people reach out to me directly.
But I've been here for over a decade. It is time for me to try something
new, and create space for others.

Good luck to everyone. OSGeo has done some great things and I'm sure will
do much more.

Angelos Tzotsos, PhD
President
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
http://users.ntua.gr/tzotsos

Re: Time for me to move on from OSGeo

delawen
That's part sad and part happy to hear. Sad because you will be surely missed. And happy because I know you are moving to what sounds like a great adventure.

Lots of luck to you, wherever you go!

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020 at 2:45 PM Cameron Shorter <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

John Bryant
Hi Cameron, thanks for your major contributions to this community over the decade. In particular, I want to thank you for your support in Oceania over the last 2.5 years, you brought valuable insights, practical suggestions, plenty of encouragement, and really nudged us to operate transparently during the planning of the 2018 conference in Melbourne. This was eye-opening for me.

Sorry to see you go but glad for the impact you had. Looking forward to crossing paths again.

Cheers
John