TileCache basic setup

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

TileCache basic setup

Evenstar
Hello u all,

I'd want to make TileCache work by using Mapnik and OpenStreetMap... at this moment I am just trying to install TileCache, I am running an Apache 2.2 server on Windows 7 and Python 2.7. Apache and Python are working, then I followed the steps given in http://tilecache.org/docs/README.html to get TileCache running under CGI, but when I click on the link provided to test if it is correctly configured (http://localhost:8085/tilecache/tilecache.cgi?LAYERS=basic&SERVICE=WMS &VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,-90,0,90 &WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256), I get the following error:

An error occurred: <urlopen error [Errno 10060] Se produjo un error durante el intento de conexión ya que la parte conectada no respondió adecuadamente tras un periodo de tiempo, o bien se produjo un error en la conexión establecida ya que el host conectado no ha podido responder>
  File "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 343, in cgiHandler
    format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params, path_info, req_method, host )
  File "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 208, in dispatchRequest
    return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
  File "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line 138, in renderTile
    data = layer.render(tile, force=force)
  File "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Layer.py", line 444, in render
    return self.renderTile(tile)
  File "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Layers\WMS.py", line 29, in renderTile
    tile.data, response = wms.fetch()
  File "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Client.py", line 59, in fetch
    response = self.client.open(urlrequest)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 394, in open
    response = self._open(req, data)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 412, in _open
    '_open', req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 372, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1199, in http_open
    return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
  File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1174, in do_open
    raise URLError(err)

My computer is behind a proxy, and this error seems to be related to that issue... isn't it? How could I specify my current network proxy to make TileCache work?

Thanks!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

RE: TileCache basic setup

manel.clos
Hi Evenstar,

The documentation for url states that the http_proxy var will be used both in unix and windows:

http://docs.python.org/library/urllib.html

Try setting it in "System Properties" > "Environment Variables". Never tried on windows, I can't say it will work.

Hope this helps!


> -----Mensaje original-----
> De: [hidden email]
> [mailto:[hidden email]] En nombre de Evenstar
> Enviado el: lunes, 19 de septiembre de 2011 11:41
> Para: [hidden email]
> Asunto: [Tilecache] TileCache basic setup
>
> Hello u all,
>
> I'd want to make TileCache work by using Mapnik and
> OpenStreetMap... at this
> moment I am just trying to install TileCache, I am running an
> Apache 2.2
> server on Windows 7 and Python 2.7. Apache and Python are
> working, then I
> followed the steps given in
> http://tilecache.org/docs/README.html to get
> TileCache running under CGI, but when I click on the link
> provided to test
> if it is correctly configured
> (http://localhost:8085/tilecache/tilecache.cgi?LAYERS=basic&SE
> RVICE=WMS
> &VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&SRS=EPSG:4326&BBOX=-180,-90,0,90
> &WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256), I get the following error:
>
> An error occurred: &lt;urlopen error [Errno 10060] Se produjo un error
> durante el intento de conexión ya que la parte conectada no respondió
> adecuadamente tras un periodo de tiempo, o bien se produjo un
> error en la
> conexión establecida ya que el host conectado no ha podido
> responder&gt;
>   File
> "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line
> 343, in cgiHandler
>     format, image = service.dispatchRequest( params,
> path_info, req_method,
> host )
>   File
> "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line
> 208, in dispatchRequest
>     return self.renderTile(tile, params.has_key('FORCE'))
>   File
> "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Service.py", line
> 138, in renderTile
>     data = layer.render(tile, force=force)
>   File
> "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Layer.py", line 444,
> in render
>     return self.renderTile(tile)
>   File
> "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Layers\WMS.py", line
> 29, in renderTile
>     tile.data, response = wms.fetch()
>   File
> "C:\appserv\Apache2.2\htdocs\tilecache\TileCache\Client.py", line 59,
> in fetch
>     response = self.client.open(urlrequest)
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 394, in open
>     response = self._open(req, data)
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 412, in _open
>     '_open', req)
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 372, in _call_chain
>     result = func(*args)
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1199, in http_open
>     return self.do_open(httplib.HTTPConnection, req)
>   File "C:\Python27\lib\urllib2.py", line 1174, in do_open
>     raise URLError(err)
>
> My computer is behind a proxy, and this error seems to be
> related to that
> issue... isn't it? How could I specify my current network
> proxy to make
> TileCache work?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> View this message in context:
> http://osgeo-org.1803224.n2.nabble.com/TileCache-basic-setup-t
> p6807819p6807819.html
> Sent from the TileCache mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> _______________________________________________
> Tilecache mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tilecache
>
_______________________________________________
Tilecache mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/tilecache