TileCache is an implementation of a WMS-C compliant server made
available under the BSD license by MetaCarta, and provides a
Python-based WMS/TMS/WorldWind server, with pluggable caching mechanisms
and rendering backends. In the simplest use case, TileCache requires only
write access to a disk, the ability to run Python CGI scripts, and a WMS
you want to be cached.
Changes since 1.1:
* Add support for WorldWind style requests, courtesy of Emily Gouge,
* Add support for Mapnik rendering.
* Add support for rendering using metatiles: instead of rendering one
tile at a time, render a 5x5 tileset, and then slice the tiles up.
Good for vector layers, where labels crossing tile boundaries is useful.
To turn on, use 'metaTile=yes' in layer definition. Requires
* Added Service information caching to mod_python request handler.
* Improved TMS metadata
* Fix TileCache to work on Python 2.2
* Fix TileCache to work on Windows. (With help from Tim Schaub)