The map of Participatory Lithology, and a call for expressions of interest

The map of Participatory Lithology, and a call for expressions of interest

andrea giacomelli-2
[This is the adaptation of an e-mail I sent earlier to the Italian list, so I don't know if it will qualify as a cross-posting for readers of gfoss-it... anyway: apologies in this case]

Hello, I hope you are well

On March 21 we (pibinko.org network and Metalliferous Hills Jug Band) started what we may qualify as a small resilience project.
This combines some very local aspects (helping families of a tiny Southern Tuscan village to classify a series of domestic mineral collections), with the experience we have since 2007 in working in international communities to do things that some folks consider "beyond Jodorowski", and other consider interesting and productive, with lots of nuances in between. From the pibinko.org site you can get some hints about this context.

To learn about the Participatory Lithology project in a "linear" way you can go for this page, or if you want a less informal approach and you like music, you should start from here.

Once you have learned a bit more about the story, you can check out the first version of the project map:

We are interested in finding people who might support Participatory Lithology by helping to create a map which is a little more dynamic than exporting images from QGIS.
This contribution to the project would be assimilated to a level 2b sponsorship (see this page for an explanation)...or it might drift to the category of "other forms of entertainment" (see this other page), depending on the type of visualization that we may come up with.

Please write to  [hidden email] if you are interested.

Thank you for your attention, and best regards from Southern Tuscany

Andrea Giacomelli
Culture, Environment, Open Innovation
P. IVA: 01582480537

FYI - The new map of Participatory Lithology is online

andrea giacomelli-2
Dear all,

Further to the call for expressions of interest issued a couple of weeks ago, I am glad to announce that our "little participatory lithology exercise"  now has a proper web map.

Kudos to Francesco Marucci from Bologna, Italy, who kindly developed it:

For those of you interested to learn more about the project from a different angle, on Apr. 12 there was an article on the Science Connected webzine which you can read (click here).

Best regards from Southern Tuscany!

Andrea Giacomelli
Cultura, Ambiente, Innovazione Libera
P. IVA: 01582480537