The dark side of the backport plugin: remember to delete that branch! (and some cleanup needed)

The dark side of the backport plugin: remember to delete that branch! (and some cleanup needed)

geowolf
Hi,
when using the backport labels and bot please always remember to delete backport branches after
merging the backport PRs:

Selezione_830.png

This is kind of important because the bot opens the branches in the project itself, and the branches
have been accumulating, see an example from GeoServer:

image.png

Also, if a good soul had time to go through the existing ones, and delete them, that would
be nice! :-D

Cheers
Andrea

==

GeoServer Professional Services from the experts! Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information. == Ing. Andrea Aime @geowolf Technical Lead GeoSolutions S.A.S. Via di Montramito 3/A 55054 Massarosa (LU) phone: +39 0584 962313 fax: +39 0584 1660272 mob: +39 339 8844549 http://www.geo-solutions.it http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it ------------------------------------------------------- Con riferimento alla normativa sul trattamento dei dati personali (Reg. UE 2016/679 - Regolamento generale sulla protezione dei dati “GDPR”), si precisa che ogni circostanza inerente alla presente email (il suo contenuto, gli eventuali allegati, etc.) è un dato la cui conoscenza è riservata al/i solo/i destinatario/i indicati dallo scrivente. Se il messaggio Le è giunto per errore, è tenuta/o a cancellarlo, ogni altra operazione è illecita. Le sarei comunque grato se potesse darmene notizia. This email is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. We remind that - as provided by European Regulation 2016/679 “GDPR” - copying, dissemination or use of this e-mail or the information herein by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this email by mistake, please notify us immediately by telephone or e-mail.

Re: [Geotools-devel] The dark side of the backport plugin: remember to delete that branch! (and some cleanup needed)

Brad Hards

That seems like something I could do on a tired Friday night.

Brad

Re: [Geotools-devel] The dark side of the backport plugin: remember to delete that branch! (and some cleanup needed)

Brad Hards

Most of the easy ones (including some old “revert” branches, from reverting on github) are removed.

There are a bunch of additional branches where I will put a simple message on the PR to flag it as requiring attention.

We also have some really old feature branches. I’ll flag those later too.

Brad

Re: [Geotools-devel] The dark side of the backport plugin: remember to delete that branch! (and some cleanup needed)

Nuno Oliveira-3
Great, Thx!

On Fri, 2019-07-12 at 19:48 +1000, Brad Hards wrote:

Most of the easy ones (including some old “revert” branches, from reverting on github) are removed.

There are a bunch of additional branches where I will put a simple message on the PR to flag it as requiring attention.

We also have some really old feature branches. I’ll flag those later too.

Brad

Nuno Oliveira
==
GeoServer Professional Services from the
experts!
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==

Nuno Miguel Carvalho Oliveira