Quantcast

The Twentieth Session of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development

The Twentieth Session of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development

Suchith Anand
Dear colleagues,

The Twentieth Session of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development was held from 08 – 12 May 2017 ,Palais des Nations, Geneva, Switzerland.  I am thankful for the opportunity to present my inputs to the esteemed members  of the UN Commission on Science and Technology for Development.

My presentation recording at

https://conf.unog.ch/digitalrecordings/index.html?guid=public/31.0050/763B439D-5D07-4593-B280-C2BE3355C0C9_15h11&position=4524

The slides of my presentation at

https://www.slideshare.net/SuchithAnand/the-role-of-science-technology-and-innovation-in-ensuring-food-security-by-2030

More information at http://opensourcegeospatial.icaci.org/2017/05/the-twentieth-session-of-the-united-nations-commission-on-science-and-technology-for-development/

Open data and open principles in science and education are key for ensuring food security by 2030. It is now for us to make use of it, for the benefit of all. Let us work together to eradicate extreme poverty and enable shared prosperity for all. Thank you.

Best wishes,

Suchith

University of Nottingham.

permitted by UK legislation.

Re: The Twentieth Session of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development

Maria Antonia Brovelli

Suchith, so good your presentation! Congatulations and  many many thanks!

Best,

Maria

Pay attention to this Special Issue and see if it is of interest by you:

http://www.mdpi.com/journal/ijgi/special_issues/Geospatial_Big_Data_Urban_Studies

Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Professor of GIS and Remote Sensing
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.htmlBoard of Directors of OSGeo; GeoForAll Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET Advisory Board

UN-GGIM Italy, UN-GGIM Academic Network Task Team, UN OpenGIS Initiative (Chair of the Capacity Building WG)

Sol Katz Award 2015

P.zza Leonardo da Vinci, 32 - Building 3 - 20133 Milano (Italy)

Tel. +39-02-23996242 - Mob. +39-328-0023867,  [hidden email][hidden email]

Re: The Twentieth Session of the United Nations Commission on Science and Technology for Development

Hogan, Patrick (ARC-PX)
This seems a timely and relevant article from UC Berkeley,

"Smart moves: California's next-gen infrastructure"
http://engineering.berkeley.edu/magazine/spring-2017/smart-moves-californias-next-gen-infrastructure

Whether it is Agriculture and Nutrition or Urban Infrastructure Management, we need to hurry up and prepare the world for increasingly strange and severe weather. This means we need to harden infrastructure and localize energy, water and food. No time to lose!

-Patrick