The Open Data Cube Application for OSGeo Community Project Status

The Open Data Cube Application for OSGeo Community Project Status

Alex Leith
Hey Folks

As discussed recently in an email thread with Bruce Bannerman, I'd like to present an application for the ODC to be recognised as an OSGeo Community Project.

Here's the list:
  1. Be geospatial
  2. Have a free license or an open source license.
    • The license must be OSI approved
    • We ask that the project team check the file headers and double check the license has been appropriately applied
      • This has been implemented with text like this on all Python files
      • Note that while we do mention Copyright, we haven't done a full code provenance review and Copyright attribution and we'd like to address that as part of the next steps in becoming a full Project.
  3. Welcome participation and new contributors.
    • We look for a clear contribution policy
    • We ask that the project demonstrate collaboration, perhaps with a history of bug report or pull requests
      • We have a long history of contributions and code review on a number of repositories, including the core and the ows engine.
    • Projects are required to have a code of conduct

So, can I please ask the Incubation Committee to make their assessment?

Kind regards,

--
Alex Leith
m: 0419189050

Re: The Open Data Cube Application for OSGeo Community Project Status

jody.garnett
Wow Alex, I think this is one of the most organized applications we have seen!

I will have a look over the long weekend.

Thanks to you and the open data cube team for interest in joining the OSGeo familly.

Jody

On Wed, Mar 31, 2021 at 7:55 PM Alex Leith <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jody Garnett

Re: The Open Data Cube Application for OSGeo Community Project Status

Alex Leith
Well it took me nearly a year to get around to it!

Thanks for your consideration :-) Happy Easter