The New version

IBRAHIM IBRAHIM
Dear GRASS Development Team

I used to use Grass 6.4.2 and some times its very slow and doesn't show the full map when i do d.rast so i decided to use Grass 7.2.0 but unfortunately i couldn't find the command r.los is it there with a different name of its removed ?

Thanks In Advance

Re: The New version

Markus Neteler
Dear

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear GRASS Development Team
>
> I used to use Grass 6.4.2 and some times its very slow and doesn't show the
> full map when i do d.rast so i decided to use Grass 7.2.0 but unfortunately
> i couldn't find the command r.los is it there with a different name of its
> removed ?

yes, it got a different, more understandable name: r.viewshed. And it
got WAY faster!

For a lookup table, see
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Renamedmodules

Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog

Re: The New version

Markus Neteler

Hi Helmut,

do you have a hint for us? Maybe it is already explained... Thanks!

Mobile greetings,
Markus

On Nov 10, 2017 11:10 AM, "IBRAHIM IBRAHIM" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much that was super help full !!! ....... one final question in the 6.4 version i used to write my code in Notepad and save it as ".bat" then i use the "sh" command to run it but i seems not to work on 7.2 version

thanks in advance

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear GRASS Development Team
>
> I used to use Grass 6.4.2 and some times its very slow and doesn't show the
> full map when i do d.rast so i decided to use Grass 7.2.0 but unfortunately
> i couldn't find the command r.los is it there with a different name of its
> removed ?

yes, it got a different, more understandable name: r.viewshed. And it
got WAY faster!

For a lookup table, see
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Renamedmodules

Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog

Re: The New version

Helmut Kudrnovsky
Am 10.11.17, 14:10, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> schrieb:

Hi Helmut,

do you have a hint for us? Maybe it is already explained... Thanks!

Mobile greetings,
Markus

On Nov 10, 2017 11:10 AM, "IBRAHIM IBRAHIM" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much that was super help full !!! ....... one final question in the 6.4 version i used to write my code in Notepad and save it as ".bat" then i use the "sh" command to run it but i seems not to work on 7.2 version

thanks in advance

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear GRASS Development Team
>
> I used to use Grass 6.4.2 and some times its very slow and doesn't show the
> full map when i do d.rast so i decided to use Grass 7.2.0 but unfortunately
> i couldn't find the command r.los is it there with a different name of its
> removed ?

yes, it got a different, more understandable name: r.viewshed. And it
got WAY faster!

For a lookup table, see
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Renamedmodules

Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog

best regards
Helmut

Re: The New version

IBRAHIM IBRAHIM
Thank you very much for the super efficient and very fast help !!!!!!

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 5:15 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 10.11.17, 14:10, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> schrieb:

Hi Helmut,

do you have a hint for us? Maybe it is already explained... Thanks!

Mobile greetings,
Markus

On Nov 10, 2017 11:10 AM, "IBRAHIM IBRAHIM" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much that was super help full !!! ....... one final question in the 6.4 version i used to write my code in Notepad and save it as ".bat" then i use the "sh" command to run it but i seems not to work on 7.2 version

thanks in advance

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear GRASS Development Team
>
> I used to use Grass 6.4.2 and some times its very slow and doesn't show the
> full map when i do d.rast so i decided to use Grass 7.2.0 but unfortunately
> i couldn't find the command r.los is it there with a different name of its
> removed ?

yes, it got a different, more understandable name: r.viewshed. And it
got WAY faster!

For a lookup table, see
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Renamedmodules

Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog

Re: The New version

IBRAHIM IBRAHIM
Dear Mr. Helmut

 i don't know if i didn't get what this web page is trying to say or its something different than what i need but just to clear things up i have about 100 commands that i want to run consecutively and i'm not an expert in using grass gis (i know 5-7 commands only) so what is the easiest way to run my code ?

Thanks In Advance

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 5:17 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much for the super efficient and very fast help !!!!!!

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 5:15 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky <[hidden email]> wrote:
Am 10.11.17, 14:10, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> schrieb:

Hi Helmut,

do you have a hint for us? Maybe it is already explained... Thanks!

Mobile greetings,
Markus

On Nov 10, 2017 11:10 AM, "IBRAHIM IBRAHIM" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you very much that was super help full !!! ....... one final question in the 6.4 version i used to write my code in Notepad and save it as ".bat" then i use the "sh" command to run it but i seems not to work on 7.2 version

thanks in advance

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 1:06 AM, Markus Neteler <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear

On Thu, Nov 9, 2017 at 3:47 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear GRASS Development Team
>
> I used to use Grass 6.4.2 and some times its very slow and doesn't show the
> full map when i do d.rast so i decided to use Grass 7.2.0 but unfortunately
> i couldn't find the command r.los is it there with a different name of its
> removed ?

yes, it got a different, more understandable name: r.viewshed. And it
got WAY faster!

For a lookup table, see
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Grass7/NewFeatures#Renamedmodules

Markus Neteler, PhD
http://www.mundialis.de - free data with free software
http://grass.osgeo.org
http://courses.neteler.org/blog

Re: The New version

Helmut Kudrnovsky
IBRAHIM IBRAHIM wrote

> Dear Mr. Helmut
>
>  i don't know if i didn't get what this web page is trying to say or its
> something different than what i need but just to clear things up i have
> about 100 commands that i want to run consecutively and i'm not an expert
> in using grass gis (i know 5-7 commands only) so what is the easiest way
> run my code ?
>
> Thanks In Advance
>
> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 5:17 PM, IBRAHIM IBRAHIM &lt;

> ibra.alwafa@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>> Thank you very much for the super efficient and very fast help !!!!!!
>>
>> On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 5:15 PM Helmut Kudrnovsky &lt;

> hellik@

> &gt; wrote:
>>
>>> yes it is:
>>>
>>> https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_and_bat-files_in_windows_console
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>> Helmut
>>> --
>>> Am 10.11.17, 14:10, Markus Neteler &lt;

> neteler@

> ibra.alwafa@

> &gt;

> neteler@

> &gt;

> ibra.alwafa@

> &gt;

the wiki example shows the content of a windows batch file (e.g.
yourscript.bat).

-----
best regards
Helmut