The GetFeature WFS Request fail if the layer is empty

The GetFeature WFS Request fail if the layer is empty

Andrea Peri
Hi,
I' notice that the GetFeature WFS request of a mapserver (i'm work using master) return an error if the dataset (and so the layer) is empty.

I test using version 1.0.0, 1.1.1 and 2.00.

On 2.0.0 the result is:
http status 400
The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect.

On 1.1.0 and 1.0.0 the result is an xml exception with:
msWFSGetFeature(): WFS server error. ms_error->code not found

I Guess it should return not an exception or error, but instead an empty GML or an Empty Shapefile and so on...

Before to build a test service of this issue, I like to know if this instead is a confirmed specific characteristic of a wfs service.

Thx,