Tests and timestamps with tzinfo

Cezary Statkiewicz
 Hi,

 I wanted to use tz-aware timestamps in GN, and set USE_TZ to True. I've
noticed however that tests are failing after that, in setup code:

in setUp
   create_models(type='layer')
 File "geonode/geonode/base/populate_test_data.py", line 206, in create_models
   l.save()
 File ".virtualenvs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/db/models/
fields/__init__.py", line 1476, in get_prep_value
   value = timezone.make_aware(value, default_timezone)
 File ".virtualenvs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/utils/
timezone.py", line 358, in make_aware
   return timezone.localize(value, is_dst=None)
 File ".virtualenvs/geonode/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pytz/tzinfo.py", line
309, in localize
   loc_dt = dt + delta
OverflowError: date value out of range

 I've checked geonode.base.populate_test_data.create_models() and noticed that
dates are fixed in code[1] to values like: 1900-06-03, 5000-11-01,
0001-01-01.. Is there any reason to have such values or can we generate dates
dynamically there?

 [1] https://github.com/GeoNode/geonode/blob/
5e88f3d0d6601db5ca8099d28897098b125f01a6/geonode/base/
populate_test_data.py#L102

 Best Regards,

 Cezary Statkiewicz

Cezary Statkiewicz
==
Visit http://goo.gl/it488V for more information.
==
Cezary Statkiewicz
Senior Software Engineer

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:     +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003
Le informazioni contenute in questo messaggio di posta elettronica e/o nel/i
file/s allegato/i sono da considerarsi strettamente riservate. Il loro
utilizzo è consentito esclusivamente al destinatario del messaggio, per le
finalità indicate nel messaggio stesso. Qualora riceviate questo messaggio
senza esserne il destinatario, Vi preghiamo cortesemente di darcene notizia
via e-mail e di procedere alla distruzione del messaggio stesso, cancellandolo
dal Vostro sistema. Conservare il messaggio stesso, divulgarlo anche in parte,
distribuirlo ad altri soggetti, copiarlo, od utilizzarlo per finalità diverse,
costituisce comportamento contrario ai principi dettati dal D.Lgs. 196/2003.

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the
attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or
proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative
Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code). Any use not
in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly
forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you
are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by
telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has
been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept
liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and
accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other
risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: Tests and timestamps with tzinfo

Paolo Corti
Hi
I agree, we should generate dates in tests using Python datetime library.
I believe that right now tests would fail when changing Django time
zone in settings

On Tue, Aug 1, 2017 at 11:01 AM, Cezary Statkiewicz
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> [...]
> proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative
> Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code). Any use not
> in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying,
> distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly
> forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you
> are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by
> telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has
> been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept
> liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and
> accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other
> risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Geospatial software developer
web: http://www.paolocorti.net
twitter: @capooti
skype: capooti