Test stress

pjzgeo
Hi list
I have been working on a "webgis" for some time using geoserver as a map server. The project has been growing, which implies that the performance of the system has decreased. What I have to do is to know the limits of the use of the software (how many simulated requests it supports). Can someone guide me to a tool to use it to perform a stress test on the geoserver?

Thanks

Pablo

--

Pablo J. Zader
Lic. en Cs. de la Computación + MSc. en Aplicaciones Espaciales de Alerta y Respuesta Temprana a Emergencias

Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
Av. Valpáraíso s/n Ciudad Universitaria

 skype linkedIn

"Los Grandes Hombres hablan sobre ideas...  Los Hombres Promedio hablan sobre cosas...  Los Hombres Pequeños hablan.. de otros Hombres.

del libro Matemática estas ahí? A. Paenza "

Re: Test stress

Steve Omondi
You can use Apache Jmetetr (https://jmeter.apache.org/).

steps to use it are outlines in Geosolutions Geoserver docs https://geoserver.geo-solutions.it/edu/en/enterprise/jmeter.html and a bunch of other places.

Kind regards,
Steve Omondi

On Sat, Sep 15, 2018 at 10:25 PM Pablo J. Zader <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Jonathan Moules-4

I wish a page like that had existed for JMeter testing of GeoServer when I started doing it, would have saved me an hour or three.

Big thanks to the GeoSolutions folks for sharing their training for all!

On 17/09/2018 07:31, Steve Omondi wrote:
[...]

GeoServer - User mailing list
Hi Pablo,

Have a look at Jmeter.

Kind regards,
Corina

On 15 Sep 2018, at 20:17, Pablo J. Zader <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Thanks Corina.

One question..
is it possible make test generating WCS (getcoverage for example) requests, instead of WMS?

Pablo