Test order

pvalsecc
Hi,

I'm back developing stuff in geonetwork and I have trouble running the tests. Looks like there is stuff left over between tests and, depending on the order, one test makes the other fail.

For example, running GeonetworkDataDirectoryMultiNodeServiceConfigOnlySystemDataDirSetTest, then GeonetworkDataDirectoryMultiNodeSystemPropertyOnlySystemDataDirSetTest, the second one fails.

I have fixed XmlSerializerIntegrationTest to not leave the AccessManager in a weird state between the tests, but it takes ages to fix all those... and I feel like it's going to be a long battle.

The execution order varies on the machine running the tests. When i succeed in running them on my work machine, my home machine fails.

What do you think? Would it be OK to tell surefire to run the tests in alphabetical order? It passes when I do that.

Thanks.

Re: Test order

Francois Prunayre
Hi Patrick,

Le jeu. 29 août 2019 à 13:59, Patrick Valsecchi <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi,

I'm back developing stuff in geonetwork and I have trouble running the tests. Looks like there is stuff left over between tests and, depending on the order, one test makes the other fail.

For example, running GeonetworkDataDirectoryMultiNodeServiceConfigOnlySystemDataDirSetTest, then GeonetworkDataDirectoryMultiNodeSystemPropertyOnlySystemDataDirSetTest, the second one fails.

I have fixed XmlSerializerIntegrationTest to not leave the AccessManager in a weird state between the tests, but it takes ages to fix all those... and I feel like it's going to be a long battle.

The execution order varies on the machine running the tests. When i succeed in running them on my work machine, my home machine fails.

What do you think? Would it be OK to tell surefire to run the tests in alphabetical order? It passes when I do that.

We always had random results while running tests (eg. thesaurus) so if that helps stabilizing the test results over each run, I would say yes.

Thanks.

Francois

Thanks.