Test failures during mvn install

沈冠宇
Hi,

I am got this error when I doing geoserver mvn install.
My environment is Windows 10, JDK 1.8.0, Maven 3.5.2.

Test set: org.geoserver.wms.dimension.CustomDimensionTimeAndNumberTest
Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 3, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.402 sec <<< FAILURE!
testTimeDimension(org.geoserver.wms.dimension.CustomDimensionTimeAndNumberTest)  Time elapsed: 985 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\target\default7321885269034301656data\watertemp_time\NCOM_wattemp^2001-05-01T00:00:00.000Z.tiff

testCustomDepthIntervalDimension(org.geoserver.wms.dimension.CustomDimensionTimeAndNumberTest)  Time elapsed: 16 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\target\default7321885269034301656data\watertemp_time\NCOM_wattemp^2001-05-01T00:00:00.000Z.tiff

testCustomDepthListDimension(org.geoserver.wms.dimension.CustomDimensionTimeAndNumberTest)  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!
java.io.FileNotFoundException: .\target\default7321885269034301656data\watertemp_time\NCOM_wattemp^2001-05-01T00:00:00.000Z.tiff

Dose any one help me and talk why this happen?

Re: Test failures during mvn install

geowolf
Hi,
the simple explanation is that GeoTools and GeoServer have not been building correctly on Windows
in a long while. All the most active developers are using either Linux or OSX and don't have a dev-env
on Windows, so we don't really notice when the build breaks.

Years ago I've setup a Windows environment and made the build go (in my own spare time), helped setup a build server,
but the build failed again shortly afterwards and there was no one to help bringing it back.

Nowadays there is you, Paul, and also french  showing interest on getting a Windows build going
on the GeoTools list, all at the same time, which is something that has not happened in a long while, believe
this is an opportunity.
I invite you all to look into the failures, figure out why they happen, and make pull requests to fix the issues.

The Windows build server is still up and running and... wow, to my surprise the build on the "master" branch is green
in both GeoTools and GeoServer:

So it seems the failure might be related to your machine somehow... wondering, maybe timezone, locale
or something else specific to your setpu?

Cheers
Andrea

On Thu, Nov 30, 2017 at 9:35 AM, 沈冠宇 <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Andrea Aime

==
==

Ing. Andrea Aime
@geowolf
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax: +39 0584 1660272
mob: +39  339 8844549

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

AVVERTENZE AI SENSI DEL D.Lgs. 196/2003

The information in this message and/or attachments, is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s) and may be confidential or proprietary in nature or covered by the provisions of privacy act (Legislative Decree June, 30 2003, no.196 - Italy's New Data Protection Code).Any use not in accord with its purpose, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or either dissemination, either whole or partial, is strictly forbidden except previous formal approval of the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, please contact immediately the sender by telephone, fax or e-mail and delete the information in this message that has been received in error. The sender does not give any warranty or accept liability as the content, accuracy or completeness of sent messages and accepts no responsibility  for changes made after they were sent or for other risks which arise as a result of e-mail transmission, viruses, etc.

Re: Test failures during mvn install

沈冠宇
Hi Andrea,

I will try to resolve it! I think it is not an easy thing..hahaha
I hope I can help anybody in the Windows environment.

And you offer the link: https://winbuild.geo-solutions.it/
I can't connect it successfully. What is it website?

Best,
KuanYu

[...]

phone: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20962313" value="+390584962313" target="_blank">+39 0584 962313
fax: <a href="tel:+39%200584%20166%200272" value="+3905841660272" target="_blank">+39 0584 1660272
mob: <a href="tel:+39%20339%20884%204549" value="+393398844549" target="_blank">+39  339 8844549

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 1:02 AM, 沈冠宇 <[hidden email]> wrote:
And you offer the link: https://winbuild.geo-solutions.it/
I can't connect it successfully. What is it website?

Yes, there is a Jenkins here:

I get redirected there automatically from the site root but... try the direct link, see if it works better for you

Cheers
Andrea

==

==

[...]

I track this error and find something I don't understand.

In CustomDimensionTimeAndNumberTest.java have this:

private static final QName WATTEMP_TIME = new QName(MockData.SF_URI, "watertemp_time",
MockData.SF_PREFIX);

and MockData.SF_URI in MockData.java:

public static String SF_URI = "http://cite.opengeospatial.org/gmlsf";

this URI is not found.

And I will try to leaen Jenkins which is strange for me.

Best,
KuanYu

On Fri, Dec 1, 2017 at 10:04 AM, 沈冠宇 <[hidden email]> wrote:

public static String SF_URI = "http://cite.opengeospatial.org/gmlsf";

this URI is not found.

A URI is not a URL, it does not have to be a valid website, it's just an identifier which might have the form
of a URL. So it's perfectly ok if it's not found on the internet.

Cheers
Andrea

==
==

[...]

I try to skip FAILURE to continue the whole build up and show the message that have three failure below.

[INFO] Reactor Summary:
[INFO]
[INFO] GeoServer .......................................... SUCCESS [ 21.943 s]
[INFO] Core Platform Module ............................... SUCCESS [ 31.641 s]
[INFO] Open Web Service Module ............................ SUCCESS [ 31.170 s]
[INFO] Main Module ........................................ SUCCESS [07:50 min]
[INFO] GeoServer Security Modules ......................... SUCCESS [  1.458 s]
[INFO] GeoServer Security Tests Module .................... SUCCESS [02:49 min]
[INFO] GeoServer JDBC Security Module ..................... SUCCESS [ 46.536 s]
[INFO] GeoServer LDAP Security Module ..................... SUCCESS [07:02 min]
[INFO] Web Coverage Service Module ........................ SUCCESS [  8.526 s]
[INFO] Web Coverage Service 1.0 Module .................... SUCCESS [01:10 min]
[INFO] Web Coverage Service 1.1 Module .................... SUCCESS [01:41 min]
[INFO] Web Coverage Service 2.0 Module .................... SUCCESS [04:07 min]
[INFO] Web Feature Service Module ......................... SUCCESS [06:39 min]
[INFO] Web Map Service Module ............................. FAILURE [09:58 min]
[INFO] KML support for GeoServer .......................... SUCCESS [01:36 min]
[INFO] gs-rest ............................................ SUCCESS [ 32.201 s]
[INFO] GeoWebCache (GWC) Module ........................... SUCCESS [05:55 min]
[INFO] gs-restconfig ...................................... FAILURE [03:52 min]
[INFO] gs-restconfig-wcs .................................. SUCCESS [ 36.775 s]
[INFO] gs-restconfig-wfs .................................. SUCCESS [ 42.658 s]
[INFO] gs-restconfig-wms .................................. SUCCESS [ 28.258 s]
[INFO] GeoServer Web Modules .............................. SUCCESS [  0.379 s]
[INFO] Core UI Module ..................................... SUCCESS [04:14 min]
[INFO] WMS UI Module ...................................... SUCCESS [01:24 min]
[INFO] GWC UI Module ...................................... SUCCESS [02:11 min]
[INFO] WFS UI Module ...................................... SUCCESS [ 21.999 s]
[INFO] Demos Module ....................................... SUCCESS [ 44.673 s]
[INFO] WCS UI Module ...................................... SUCCESS [ 28.690 s]
[INFO] Security UI Modules ................................ SUCCESS [  0.453 s]
[INFO] Security UI Core Module ............................ SUCCESS [03:28 min]
[INFO] Security UI JDBC Module ............................ SUCCESS [01:52 min]
[INFO] Security UI LDAP Module ............................ SUCCESS [01:46 min]
[INFO] REST UI Module ..................................... SUCCESS [ 18.758 s]
[INFO] GeoServer Web Application .......................... FAILURE [ 32.515 s]
[INFO] Community Space .................................... SUCCESS [  0.219 s]
[INFO] GeoServer Extensions ............................... SUCCESS [  0.146 s]
[INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[INFO] Total time: 01:14 h
[INFO] Finished at: 2017-12-01T16:47:05+08:00
[INFO] Final Memory: 82M/314M
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.3:test (default-test) on project gs-wms: There are test failures.
[ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\OwO\Desktop\mmm\geoserver\src\wms\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-surefire-plugin:2.12.3:test (default-test) on project gs-restconfig: There are test failures. [ERROR]
[ERROR] Please refer to C:\Users\OwO\Desktop\mmm\geoserver\src\restconfig\target\surefire-reports for the individual test results.
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin:2.3:war (default) on project gs-web-app: Failed to copy file for artifact [org.geoserver:gs-wms:jar:2.13-SNAPSHOT:compile]: C:\Users\OwO\Desktop\mmm\geoserver\src\wms\target\classes -> [Help 2]

Should I open the issue about Geoserver build up on windows environment to track this continuously?

[...]

Ben Caradoc-Davies-2
On 01/12/17 22:04, 沈冠宇 wrote:
> public static String SF_URI ="http://cite.opengeospatial.org/gmlsf";
> this URI is not found.

This HTTP URI is used only as an XML namespace and should not be used to
download anything from the internet.

HTTP URIs are commonly used in OGC standards as identifiers because they
have a standard hierarchical format and an established governance
structure (DNS domain names)
<https://portal.opengeospatial.org/files/?artifact_id=39467>. HTTP URIs
may look like URLs, but they need not be URLs, which actually point to
some resource. OGC state that HTTP URIs *should* point to some resource,
but this is not required.

Kind regards,

--
Ben Caradoc-Davies <[hidden email]>
Director

Re: Test failures during mvn install

沈冠宇
Hi Ben,

Thanks for your detail explanation. I realize the difference between URL and URI...hahaha

Best,
KuanYu

On 01/12/17 22:04, 沈冠宇 wrote:
[...]

I have another question is MockData.java this java file create fake data to test, so it mean the data is not exist or is at someone dir?

Sorry I have a lot of questions because this is my first time join the big source project and my ability is not good.

Best Regards,
KuanYu

On Sat, Dec 2, 2017 at 8:08 AM, 沈冠宇 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I have another question is MockData.java this java file create fake data to test, so it mean the data is not exist or is at someone dir?

GeoServerTestSupport uses MockData to create on the fly a data directory for integration tests to use, and the same data dir
is removed at the end of the test. If you put a breakpoint while the test is running, you will find the data directory
created in target/, with a name like "default<longNumberHere>data".

Sorry I have a lot of questions because this is my first time join the big source project and my ability is not good.

Yeah, GeoServer is big and complex indeed

Cheers
Andrea

Andrea Aime

==
==

[...]

If I want to add a breakpoint, it means I have to use the IDE(ex:eclipse)?

And I use this command:
mvn -DskipTests clean install
This result is Build Success, I think the unit test of windows environment have something error.

Best regards,
KuanYu

[...]

KuanYu Shen

e-mail: [hidden email]

phone: +886-978822075

Re: Test failures during mvn install

沈冠宇
Hi Andrea,

After I build up the geoserver, it will generate some compile file in the geoserver\src\wms\target\test-classes\org\geoserver\wms\dimension.
In this folder include some class files and zip files(watertemp、custwatertemp_time、custwatertemp_depth、custwatertemp).

I don't know those zip files how to generate?

[...]

phone: <a href="tel:+886%20978%20822%20075" value="+886978822075" target="_blank">+886-978822075

--

KuanYu Shen

e-mail: [hidden email]

phone: +886-978822075

Re: Test failures during mvn install

geowolf
Hi,
those files are part of the sources, many years ago there was no convention to put them in src/test/resources
and we adapted the maven build files to allow certain types of file to site among the sources instead (GeoServer
was not always built with maven).

So, those particular files can be found among the sources:

Code written in more recent times also has resource files in src/test/resources though, remember to check both
places.

Cheers
Andrea

On Mon, Dec 4, 2017 at 9:34 AM, KuanYu Shen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

I find the zip file in the src/wms/src/test/resources/org/geoserver/wms/dimension.
There has one file named custwatertemp_time.zip
In this zip have NCOM_wattemp^2001-05-01T00:00:00.000Z、 NCOM_wattemp^2001-05-02T00:00:00.000Z、 NCOM_wattemp^2001-05-03T00:00:00.000Z tiff files, I find those file have some error(0x80070057 error) in the windows environment when I try to unzip them.
I don't know this situation whether happens in Linux?

Best regards,
KuanYu
0x80070057
0x80070057
0x80070057
0x80070057
0x8007

[...]

I have know custwatertemp_time.zip have error in windows and have corrected.
I will continue to debug other errors in windows environment.

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 6:53 AM, KuanYu Shen <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have know custwatertemp_time.zip have error in windows and have corrected.

What did you change?

I will continue to debug other errors in windows environment.

Thank you!

Cheers
Andrea

==

==

[...]

I just get the tiff files in Linux and recompress those files in windows environment.
I think it was not compressed file completely before.

I have not created a pull request on Github.

Thank for your help about answering my question!

Best,
KuanYu

[...]

This is second test error in windows environment.

Test set: org.geoserver.wms.legendgraphic.LegendLayoutTest
Tests run: 8, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 1.17 sec <<< FAILURE!
testLayerGroupTitles(org.geoserver.wms.legendgraphic.LegendLayoutTest)  Time elapsed: 4 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError: Expected height <= 168 but was 174

And I found in wms\src\test\java\org\geoserver\wms\legendgraphic\LengLayoutTest.java line 307~308:
// Title height may vary between test environments
assertTrue("Expected height >= " + (HEIGHT_HINT*6 + 42) + " but was " + image.getHeight(),HEIGHT_HINT*6 + 42 <= image.getHeight());
assertTrue("Expected height <= " + (HEIGHT_HINT*6 + 48) + " but was " + image.getHeight(), HEIGHT_HINT*6 + 48 >= image.getHeight());

How to define these (HEIGHT_HINT*6 + 42) and (HEIGHT_HINT*6 + 48)?

[...]

There have some error about wms image show.

Tests run: 56, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.28 sec <<< FAILURE!
testLayoutTranslucent(org.geoserver.wms.wms_1_1_1.GetMapIntegrationTest)  Time elapsed: 54 sec  <<< FAILURE!
java.lang.AssertionError
        at org.junit.Assert.fail(Assert.java:86)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:41)
        at org.junit.Assert.assertTrue(Assert.java:52)
        at org.geoserver.wms.wms_1_1_1.GetMapIntegrationTest.testLayoutTranslucent(GetMapIntegrationTest.java:366)

And I found in wms\src\test\java\org\geoserver\wms\GetMapIntegrationTest.java line 366:
// see GEOS-6482
assertTrue(getPixelColor(image, 52, 221).equals(Color.BLACK)
|| getPixelColor(image, 52, 222).equals(Color.BLACK));

It is also image pixel assert error.
I don't know why need to assert pixel on image?

Best,
KuanYu