TclTkGRASS extra windows

E GCP
Hi,

I'm new to GRASS, having worked with that other GIS program from ESRI. I
installed GRASS version 6.1.cvs-2 from the GRASS website (though it says
6.0.2 on the website) stable binaries for Fedora Core 4. It works great
(good job guys!), but all the options that I choose open in separate windows
instead of opening within the main GRASS GIS manager window, just like it
shows in the screenshots of the GRASS website.  I'm sure I'm missing some
little detail, but I can't find it. I checked in the mailing list archive,
but I couldn't find any references to this point. Would any of the GRASS
gurus out there please tell me how to get all the option windows from any of
the menus to open within the main GRASS GIS manager window?

Thanks,
egcp

Re: TclTkGRASS extra windows

Michael Barton
All GRASS modules open in independent dialogs. Those particular modules that
are used to create a map display (in general the d.* modules) are the ones
that ALSO have options panes in the GIS Manager, so that you can build a
tree of superimposed layers to create a map.

Michael
Arizona State University

phone: 480-965-6213
fax: 480-965-7671