TauDEM

pcav
Hi all.
I have just read about Alex efforts[0] to bring taudem[1] into QGIS.
Quite interesting- Alex, can you tell us more about this?
Will the integration be a separate plugin, or integrated into sextante?
I have seen that taudem is not packaged for Debian - I guess this will be a major
limitation for the usability of the plugin. Any plan to overcome this?
All the best, and thanks.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu

[0]https://github.com/alexbruy/sextante-taudem
[1]http://hydrology.usu.edu/taudem/taudem5.0/index.html

Re: TauDEM

Alexander Bruy
Hi Paolo, hi all.

Right, I'm working on integrating TauDEM (hydrology analysis tools)
in QGIS. The work is almost done, only few minor things left and I
hope to release it this or next week.

As we now have great SEXTANTE framework I decide to integrate this
tools using SEXTANTE. This approach has several advantages, for
example it is easy to create models and run several analysises in one
pass.

Unfortunatelly precompiled TauDEM tools currently available only for
Windows platform. I contacted David (TauDEM author) but he uses
Windows and can't provide Linux binaries. Also to build tools under
Linux small patching is necessary (already submitted to David). I
already prepare SlackBuild scripts for Slackware and will be happy to
help with Debian packaging, but as I'm not Debian user I need some
assistance. Also I thinking about OSGeo4W package, but still unsure
about this as Windows binaries already available for TauDEM homepage.

If there are any additional questions, I'll try to answer.

2012/6/26 Paolo Cavallini <[hidden email]>:

> Hi all.
> I have just read about Alex efforts[0] to bring taudem[1] into QGIS.
> Quite interesting- Alex, can you tell us more about this?
> Will the integration be a separate plugin, or integrated into sextante?
> I have seen that taudem is not packaged for Debian - I guess this will be a
> major limitation for the usability of the plugin. Any plan to overcome this?
> All the best, and thanks.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
> www.faunalia.eu

Bye
--
Alexander Bruy

Re: TauDEM

pcav
On 26/06/2012 09:40, Alexander Bruy wrote:

> If there are any additional questions, I'll try to answer.

Thanks a lot Alex - I think packaging is the main stumbling block, so any effort
removing it will be most welcome.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia