Target 7.2 Alpha by August 1st?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

Wondering if we're ready to move on this and maybe get to a beta ahead of FOSS4G. I'll finish up the RFC for vector tiles this week - pull requests exist for both MapServer and MapCache (master branches). Thoughts?

Steve

Re: Target 7.2 Alpha by August 1st?

Dan Little-2
I've been doing some light testing with the sdlime:vector-tiles branch and it's been working great.  I'd love to see it into an official release!!!

On Thu, Jul 13, 2017 at 12:30 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) <[hidden email]> wrote:

Wondering if we're ready to move on this and maybe get to a beta ahead of FOSS4G. I'll finish up the RFC for vector tiles this week - pull requests exist for both MapServer and MapCache (master branches). Thoughts?

Steve

Re: Target 7.2 Alpha by August 1st?

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Steve,

I think we definitely need a good planning session on the release.  Are
you (or anyone) available next Saturday the 22nd?  Pop onto IRC to join
the code sprint discussion.  Or the BoF on Wednesday.

-jeff

On 2017-07-13 2:30 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> Wondering if we're ready to move on this and maybe get to a beta ahead
> of FOSS4G. I'll finish up the RFC for vector tiles this week - pull
> requests exist for both MapServer and MapCache (master branches). Thoughts?

Re: Target 7.2 Alpha by August 1st?

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)
I can be available depending on time. What are you proposing?

On 2017-07-13 2:30 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> Wondering if we're ready to move on this and maybe get to a beta ahead
> of FOSS4G. I'll finish up the RFC for vector tiles this week - pull
> requests exist for both MapServer and MapCache (master branches). Thoughts?

Re: Target 7.2 Alpha by August 1st?

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Steve,

How about Wednesday at this time?
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2017&month=7&day=19&hour=16&min=30&sec=0

For a one hour meeting, to discuss the release plans, on IRC.

Alternatively we could do it during the code sprint next Saturday instead.

-jeff

On 2017-07-14 2:31 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> I can be available depending on time. What are you proposing?

I can do that.

On 2017-07-14 2:31 PM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:
> I can be available depending on time. What are you proposing?

Daniel Morissette
Hi Steve, All,

I agree with your suggestion.

For my part, I need to wrap up and commit RFC-118. It's been tested
internally with a few apps and works well, so it's mostly a matter of
wrapping up the RFC, possibly a bit of code cleanup and then commit. I
should be able to do that in the next few weeks.

Daniel

On 2017-07-13 1:30 AM, Lime, Steve D (MNIT) wrote:

> Wondering if we're ready to move on this and maybe get to a beta ahead
> of FOSS4G. I'll finish up the RFC for vector tiles this week - pull
> requests exist for both MapServer and MapCache (master branches). Thoughts?
>

> Steve

Daniel Morissette
Mapgears Inc
T: +1 418-696-5056 #201