Taking a look at ModifyFeature()

Jeff Dege
When ModifyFeature is active on a vector layer, when a feature is
selected, ModifyFeature breaks the feature down into its component
points and inserts them (and an equal number of virtual points) into the
layer.

If the layer has preFeatureInsert() and/or onFeatureInsert() methods
defined, these are called for the component points and virtual points
that ModifyFeature is inserting into the layer.  But generally speaking,
whatever logic the developer intended to be performed on the features
for that layer, is probably not wanted to be performed on the component
and virtual points that ModifyFeature is inserting.

Would it be reasonable for ModifyFeature to set some attribute on the
points that it is inserting that a developer could test in
preFeatureInsert()?  Or is there some other way of dealing with this
issue?

Re: Taking a look at ModifyFeature()

Eric Lemoine
On Nov 12, 2007 5:01 PM, Jeff Dege <[hidden email]> wrote:

> When ModifyFeature is active on a vector layer, when a feature is
> selected, ModifyFeature breaks the feature down into its component
> points and inserts them (and an equal number of virtual points) into the
> layer.
>
> If the layer has preFeatureInsert() and/or onFeatureInsert() methods
> defined, these are called for the component points and virtual points
> that ModifyFeature is inserting into the layer.  But generally speaking,
> whatever logic the developer intended to be performed on the features
> for that layer, is probably not wanted to be performed on the component
> and virtual points that ModifyFeature is inserting.
>
> Would it be reasonable for ModifyFeature to set some attribute on the
> points that it is inserting that a developer could test in
> preFeatureInsert()?  Or is there some other way of dealing with this
> issue?

This deserves a ticket I think. Could you create one please?

--
Eric

Re: Taking a look at ModifyFeature()

Jeff Dege