Table not found

Olyster
Hi,

I'm currently trying to install geonetwork via .war file in tomcat. The install is working with H2 DB but trying to make it work with Oracle is such a mess !

-I needed to change the connection pattern in oracle.xml, restart Apache service and then access the geonetwork url

-The code then tries to insert in Users table but with the value true for a number(1) field which Oracle rejects. I updated data-db-default.sql to workaround this problem.

-There's a select from Metadata table ... which doesn't exists.

Anybody facing the same problem ?

Thank you very much

Re: Table not found

Jose Garcia
Hi

If you're trying to setup GeoNetwork 3.x with Oracle, I'm afraid that
doesn't work for the time being. There're some threads about this in the
mailing list.

Also there're some pull requests in GitHub to fix this, but require review
and not integrated yet.

Regards,
Jose García

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 7:48 PM, Olyster <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm currently trying to install geonetwork via .war file in tomcat. The
> install is working with H2 DB but trying to make it work with Oracle is
> such
> a mess !
>
> -I needed to change the connection pattern in oracle.xml, restart Apache
> service and then access the geonetwork url
>
> -The code then tries to insert in Users table but with the value true for a
> number(1) field which Oracle rejects. I updated data-db-default.sql to
> workaround this problem.
>
> -There's a select from Metadata table ... which doesn't exists.
>
> Anybody facing the same problem ?
>
> Thank you very much

> projects/geonetwork

<https://twitter.com/geocat_bv>

Re: Table not found

Emanuele Tajariol-2
Hi,

> Also there're some pull requests in GitHub to fix this, but require review
> and not integrated yet.

The existing PR is against the branch 3.0.x, and won't work on 3.2.x.
I'm going to create a new PR for 3.2.x in a very short time.
WIll also be providing a test build. Stay tuned.

   Cheers,
   Emanuele

--
==
Visit http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.

Ing. Emanuele Tajariol
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:    +39 0584 1660272
mob:   +39  380 2116282

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Oracle and GN3.2.x -- Re: Table not found

Emanuele Tajariol-2
Hi all,

> I'm going to create a new PR for 3.2.x in a very short time.

I created a new pull request here:
   https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/pull/1968

> -I needed to change the connection pattern in oracle.xml

As a side node, if you need to connect to an Oracle DB and do not want to
change the webapp internal files, you may want to create an XML override file
and tell GN about it, by adding a system property like this:
   -Dgeonetwork.jeeves.configuration.overrides.file=PATH_TO_YOUR_FILE

In the override file you shall then set the needed properties for the
connection to the DB:

<overrides>
   <spring>
       <set bean="jpaVendorAdapter" property="database" value="ORACLE"/>

       <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="driverClassName"
                value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver"/>
       <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="Url"
                value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@//YOURHOST:1521/YOURDB"/>
       <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="username" value="YOURUSER"/>
       <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="password" value="YOURPW"/>
       <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="validationQuery"
                value="SELECT 1 FROM DUAL"/>

      <!-- only when installing, then remove -->
      <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="poolPreparedStatements"
               value="false"/>
      <set bean="jdbcDataSource" property="maxOpenPreparedStatements"
               value="-1"/>
   </spring>
</overrides>

   Cheers,
   Emanuele

--
==
Visit http://goo.gl/NWWaa2 for more information.
==

Ing. Emanuele Tajariol
Technical Lead

GeoSolutions S.A.S.
Via di Montramito 3/A
55054  Massarosa (LU)
Italy
phone: +39 0584 962313
fax:    +39 0584 1660272

http://www.geo-solutions.it
http://twitter.com/geosolutions_it

Re: Oracle and GN3.2.x -- Re: Table not found

Emanuele Tajariol-2
Hi all,

> > WIll also be providing a test build. Stay tuned.

You may want to try out this custom build:
http://demo.geo-solutions.it/share/geonetwork/20170502_32x_atomfeeds_oracle/

There is still this issue unsolved
    https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/1969
but it's related to the SLD files, and should not impact most of the work with
GN.

   Cheers,
   Emanuele

--