TOPODATA Index Map - SRTM data delivery tool for Brazil

TOPODATA Index Map - SRTM data delivery tool for Brazil

Eduardo Kanegae-2
hi there,

Today I've published *TOPODATA Index Map* [1]  - a webmapping tool designed to facilitate access to TOPODATA project data for GIS users, and contribute to the application of this dataset in several knowledge areas like forestry, agriculture and environmental.

Technologies used:
* GDAL/OGR + linux script: for tileset generation
* Google Maps and MapServer: for webmapping application

INPE [2] \TOPODATA [3] project offers free access to local geomorphometric variables derived from SRTM data, throughout the entire Brazilian territory. The refined data was derived with geomorphometric analyses algorithms to calculate slope (steepness), slope direction, plan curvature and profile curvature.
In addition to these, a second order derivation was applied to enhance thalweg and divides, which were overlaid on a slope direction presentation, as input for the interpretation of drainage features and structure.

1 - http://t.co/lC6EqAX
2 - http://www.inpe.br/
3 - http://www.dsr.inpe.br/topodata/

--
Eduardo Patto Kanegae
http://www.webmapit.com

Re: TOPODATA Index Map - SRTM data delivery tool for Brazil

Eduardo Kanegae-2
http://blog.webmapit.com/2011/09/topodata-index-map-now-available-in.html

user interface in english is now available. ;-)

Eduardo