Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Cameron Shorter
Jeff McKenna and the OSGeo Conference Committee,

It is with great pride that I present Sydney's formal bid to host the
FOSS4G 2009 conference.

This bid has been collated by a professional, enthusiastic team with a
great collective breath of experience. I'm confident that a FOSS4G
conference in Australia will be an event to remember and I hope you will
agree.

Attached you should find two documents, the proposal and the budget.

The budget has been quoted in Australian dollars. Today, 11 January
2008, the exchange rate is:
1.00 AUD = $0.89 USD

The key elements of the budget are:
Early Bird Participant = $695 AUD = $622 USD
Standard Participant = $795 AUD = $711 USD
Conference Dinner = $130 AUD = $  USD

Total Fixed Costs = $213,850 AUD = $191,248  USD
Total Variable Costs = $449,050 AUD = $401,590  USD

Net Surplus = $35,863 AUD = $32,073  USD

--
Cameron Shorter
Geospatial Systems Architect

Think Globally, Fix Locally

FOSS4G Final.pdf (5M) Download Attachment
FOSS4G 2009 Budget 700 pax_V4_UNSW.pdf (91K) Download Attachment

Re: Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Jeff McKenna-2
Cameron and fellow Sydney Committee,

Thank you for your proposal to host the FOSS4G 2009 conference.

Even though yours was the only bid submitted, it is important that we go
through the proposal question period (ending on the 25th) and decision
process to fully understand your bid.  I would like to propose that
representatives from your bidding team and the OSGeo conference
committee members hold a conference call to discuss this proposal,
possibly on Tues 22nd 9AM Sydney time, which is Mon 21st 5PM EST [1].

For the record, the Sydney proposal files have been posted on the OSGeo
conference page[2].

Thank you again.

--
[1]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?year=2008&month=1&day=21&hour=22&min=0&sec=0

--
Jeff McKenna
OSGeo VP Conferences

Cameron Shorter wrote:

> Jeff McKenna and the OSGeo Conference Committee,
>
> It is with great pride that I present Sydney's formal bid to host the
> FOSS4G 2009 conference.
>
> This bid has been collated by a professional, enthusiastic team with a
> great collective breath of experience. I'm confident that a FOSS4G
> conference in Australia will be an event to remember and I hope you will
> agree.
>
> Attached you should find two documents, the proposal and the budget.
>
> The budget has been quoted in Australian dollars. Today, 11 January
> 2008, the exchange rate is:
> 1.00 AUD = $0.89 USD
>
> The key elements of the budget are:
> Early Bird Participant = $695 AUD = $622 USD
> Standard Participant = $795 AUD = $711 USD
> Conference Dinner = $130 AUD = $  USD
>
> Total Fixed Costs = $213,850 AUD = $191,248  USD
> Total Variable Costs = $449,050 AUD = $401,590  USD
>
> Net Surplus = $35,863 AUD = $32,073  USD

Re: Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
My apologies, seems we're having some web trouble on that server
during the very moment Jeff sent this message.  It may be a few hours
before it's available again.

Tyler

On 15-Jan-08, at 3:28 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Cameron and fellow Sydney Committee,
>
> Thank you for your proposal to host the FOSS4G 2009 conference.
>
> Even though yours was the only bid submitted, it is important that
> we go through the proposal question period (ending on the 25th) and
> decision process to fully understand your bid.  I would like to
> propose that representatives from your bidding team and the OSGeo
> conference committee members hold a conference call to discuss this
> proposal, possibly on Tues 22nd 9AM Sydney time, which is Mon 21st
> 5PM EST [1].
>
> For the record, the Sydney proposal files have been posted on the
> OSGeo conference page[2].
>
> Thank you again.
>
> --
> [1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
> year=2008&month=1&day=21&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
> [2] http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> OSGeo VP Conferences
>

> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Jeff McKenna and the OSGeo Conference Committee,
>> It is with great pride that I present Sydney's formal bid to host
>> the FOSS4G 2009 conference.
>> This bid has been collated by a professional, enthusiastic team
>> with a great collective breath of experience. I'm confident that a
>> FOSS4G conference in Australia will be an event to remember and I
>> hope you will agree.
>> Attached you should find two documents, the proposal and the budget.
>> The budget has been quoted in Australian dollars. Today, 11
>> January 2008, the exchange rate is:
>> 1.00 AUD = $0.89 USD
>> The key elements of the budget are:
>> Early Bird Participant = $695 AUD = $622 USD
>> Standard Participant = $795 AUD = $711 USD
>> Conference Dinner = $130 AUD = $  USD
>> Total Fixed Costs = $213,850 AUD = $191,248  USD
>> Total Variable Costs = $449,050 AUD = $401,590  USD
>> Net Surplus = $35,863 AUD = $32,073  USD

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
[hidden email]
P: +1-250-277-1621
M: +1-250-303-1831

Re: Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
Note, website is working again, you should be able to access the
documents now.

Tyler

On 15-Jan-08, at 3:28 PM, Jeff McKenna wrote:

> Cameron and fellow Sydney Committee,
>
> Thank you for your proposal to host the FOSS4G 2009 conference.
>
> Even though yours was the only bid submitted, it is important that
> we go through the proposal question period (ending on the 25th) and
> decision process to fully understand your bid.  I would like to
> propose that representatives from your bidding team and the OSGeo
> conference committee members hold a conference call to discuss this
> proposal, possibly on Tues 22nd 9AM Sydney time, which is Mon 21st
> 5PM EST [1].
>
> For the record, the Sydney proposal files have been posted on the
> OSGeo conference page[2].
>
> Thank you again.
>
> --
> [1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
> year=2008&month=1&day=21&hour=22&min=0&sec=0
> [2] http://www.osgeo.org/conference/rfp
>

> --
> Jeff McKenna
> OSGeo VP Conferences
>

> Cameron Shorter wrote:
>> Jeff McKenna and the OSGeo Conference Committee,
>> It is with great pride that I present Sydney's formal bid to host
>> the FOSS4G 2009 conference.
>> This bid has been collated by a professional, enthusiastic team
>> with a great collective breath of experience. I'm confident that a
>> FOSS4G conference in Australia will be an event to remember and I
>> hope you will agree.
>> Attached you should find two documents, the proposal and the budget.
>> The budget has been quoted in Australian dollars. Today, 11
>> January 2008, the exchange rate is:
>> 1.00 AUD = $0.89 USD
>> The key elements of the budget are:
>> Early Bird Participant = $695 AUD = $622 USD
>> Standard Participant = $795 AUD = $711 USD
>> Conference Dinner = $130 AUD = $  USD
>> Total Fixed Costs = $213,850 AUD = $191,248  USD
>> Total Variable Costs = $449,050 AUD = $401,590  USD
>> Net Surplus = $35,863 AUD = $32,073  USD

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
[hidden email]
P: +1-250-277-1621
M: +1-250-303-1831

Re: Sydney's formal bid to host the FOSS4G 2009 Conference

Paul Ramsey-2
Folks, I've emailed Cara and suggested that we use the OSGeo
conference facility, so the international call-ins can avoid
international charges.

The dial-in information is available here:

   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Conference_Call

And the meeting time is as previously agreed:

   http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?
month=1&day=22&year=2008&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=240

Thanks,

Paul

On 15-Jan-08, at 5:25 PM, Cara Heathcote wrote:

> Dear Jeff and Sydney Committee members,
>
> We would be delighted to facilitate a discussion of Sydney's bid to
> host
> FOSS4G 2009.
>
> I look forward to speaking with you then.
>
> Kind Regards,
>
> Cara Heathcote
> Bid Coordinator
> Sydney Convention and Visitors Bureau
> Level 13, 80 William St Sydney NSW 2011 Australia
> Tel: 61 2 9332 5220 Fax: 61 2 9360 1223
> [hidden email]
> AccessNSW is a free event planning service provided by the Sydney
> Convention and Visitors Bureau. Visit www.accessnsw.com.au for more
> information.
> The SCVB (ABN 42 002 630 364) understands that privacy is an important
> issue for individuals. Read our Privacy Policy.

Reschedule teleconferece for Sydney's FOSS4G bid

Cameron Shorter
Could we please reschedule teleconference. I can't make it - I have a
doctor's appointment I need to take my son to. I appologise for the
inconvenience.

I suggest, same time and place, but the following day:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=1&day=23&year=2008&hour=9&min=0&sec=0&p1=240
Wednesday 9am Sydney time.
Tuesday 5pm EST.

Dial in information:

Paul Ramsey wrote:

> Folks, I've emailed Cara and suggested that we use the OSGeo
> conference facility, so the international call-ins can avoid
> international charges.
>
> The dial-in information is available here:
>
>   http://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php/Conference_Call
>
> And the meeting time is as previously agreed:

<snip>