Summer School in Geocomputation - Italy - June 2019

Summer School in Geocomputation - Italy - June 2019

Giuseppe Amatulli

Dear Geoforall colleagues,

In view of enlarging the computation skills in the geographic domain, as every year, we are running the International Summer School "Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software" organised by Spatial Ecology (www.spatial-ecology.net) held at the Univ. of Basilicata, in the magnificent town MateraItaly.

This is a wonderful opportunity for PhD students and Post-Doc to achieve computation skills process and be able to work in Linux supercomputer in a clever way.

Please forward this opportunity to your network.

Sincerely, Giuseppe Amatulli

Geocomputation using free and Open Source Software (3th-7th June 2019)

A 5 days intense experience opening new horizons on the use of the vast potentials of Linux environment and the command line approach for geo-data massive processing using Bash, AWK, Python, GRASS, QGIS, GDAL/OGR, R, PKtools. We will guide newbies and experienced GIS&RS users who have never used a command line terminal to a stage which will allow them to understand and apply very advanced open source data processing routines. Our focus is to enhance a self-learning approach and programming-languages integration. This allows participants to keep on progressing and improving their skills in a continuously evolving technological environment.

More information and registration:

www.spatial-ecology.net
www.facebook.com/spatialecology > see events
twitter: @BigDataEcology

--
Giuseppe Amatulli, Ph.D.

Research scientist at
Yale School of Forestry & Environmental Studies
Yale Center for Research Computing
Center for Science and Social Science Information
New Haven, 06511
Work:  https://environment.yale.edu/profile/giuseppe-amatulli/