Sub-Portal searches

lmoeller
Dear fellow Geonetwork-Users,

I am experimenting with the sub-portal feature of GN, but have troubles
to make it work (see GN specs below).

Specifically, I want to filter a subset of existing ISO19139 and
ISO19115-3 records similar to the examples given at the Portal
configuration documentation
<https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/administrator-guide/configuring-the-catalog/portal-configuration.html>
site like:

/+keyword:inspire or/

/+thesaurusName:"GEMET - INSPIRE themes, version 1.0"/

I tried the latter, and:

/+keyword:"Some specific search term"/ or /+keyword:term/,

/title:"Some specific title"/,

/+metadataStandard:ISO19115-3/ including variations like
/…:(ISO19115-3)/ or /…:"ISO19115-3"/

/+keyword:*/ etc.,

but to no avail. The given Subportal either lists nothing or complains
about bad search requests (basically all phrase searches). All the
search terms exist in some of the files and entries are set to published.

I know the feature is based on Lucene and the feature not working page
<https://github.com/geonetwork/core-geonetwork/issues/4727> lists
"Lucene / LuceneSearcher.getMetadataFromIndexById". However the first
line in Section *Features removed* states "CSW/Virtual CSW is replaced
by sub-portal (see Portal configuration
<https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/trunk/en/administrator-guide/configuring-the-catalog/portal-configuration.html>)"
kind of indicates it should be working.

I'm out of ideas - any hint would be highly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Lars

PS: GN specs

Version: 4.0.0
Subversion: 0

DB-Backend: PostGres

ES + Kibana working fine

--
Dr. Lars Möller

Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material und Küstenforschung
-Modellierung zur Bewertung von Küstensystemen (KBS)
Max-Planck-Straße 1

21502 Geesthacht
Germany

Fon +49  (0) 4152- 87 - 1849
Fax +49  (0) 4152- 87 - 41849
E-mail: [hidden email]
www.hzg.de

Helmholtz-Zentrum Geesthacht
Zentrum für Material- und Küstenforschung GmbH
Max-Planck-Straße 1 I 21502 Geesthacht I Deutschland/Germany

Geschäftsführung/Board of Management: Prof. Dr. Matthias Rehahn, Silke Simon
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrates/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Ministerialdirigent Engelbert Beyer
Amtsgericht Lübeck HRB 285 GE (Register Court)
Internet: http://www.hzg.de

Re: Sub-Portal searches

Francois Prunayre
Hi Lars,

you should check
https://geonetwork-opensource.org/manuals/4.0.x/en/customizing-application/configuring-search-fields.html
and don't hesitate to explore the index using Kibana or looking directly to
the index document eg.
http://localhost:9200/gn-records/_doc/7c7923b1-c387-49ac-b6c7-391ca187b7fa

Screenshots in the documentation are not all updated and for example
+keyword:inspire in GN3 is equivalent to +tag:inspire in GN4.0.1 (and will
be +tag.default:inspire in next version due to multilingual support
improvement).

HTH
Francois