Style of mandatory fields in input-form

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Style of mandatory fields in input-form

Jan Schorn-3
Hi all,

we are using geonetwork with a own metadata-schema which is based on an
existing one.

In Geonetwork 2.4 the metadata input-form marks the mandatory fields
with a red box, a nice new feature.

In our own schema some metadata attributes are not mandatory anymore,
but they still appear with a red box in the input-form, and vice versa.

How can we disable / enable the red boxes for obligatory metadata in the
input-form?

Thanks a lot for any advice!
Jan

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Style of mandatory fields in input-form

Francois Prunayre
Hello Jan,

2009/8/12 Jan Schorn <[hidden email]>:

> we are using geonetwork with a own metadata-schema which is based on an
> existing one.
>
> In Geonetwork 2.4 the metadata input-form marks the mandatory fields
> with a red box, a nice new feature.
>
> In our own schema some metadata attributes are not mandatory anymore,
> but they still appear with a red box in the input-form, and vice versa.
>
> How can we disable / enable the red boxes for obligatory metadata in the
> input-form?

If your schema define the cardinality to 1, then the metadocument
contains a geonet:element/@min attribute which is used to set the
validation event. See :
<xsl:if test="../geonet:element/@min='1' and $edit">
  <xsl:attribute name="onkeyup">validateNonEmpty(this);</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>
in metadata.xsl or metadata-iso19139.xsl.
Then for number validation, specific templates could be made (eg.
gts:TM_PeriodDuration).

Are you using an ISO profil ? For which element the issue occurs ?

HTH.
Francois

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Style of mandatory fields in input-form

Jean Pommier (IGE)
In reply to this post by Jan Schorn-3
Hi,

I would say it is in the XSD files related to your schema : mandatory fields
are taken from the XSD specifications, I believe.
So you would have to change the specification and set those fields as not
mandatory...
Cheers,
Jean

2009/8/12 Jan Schorn <[hidden email]>

> Hi all,
>
> we are using geonetwork with a own metadata-schema which is based on an
> existing one.
>
> In Geonetwork 2.4 the metadata input-form marks the mandatory fields
> with a red box, a nice new feature.
>
> In our own schema some metadata attributes are not mandatory anymore,
> but they still appear with a red box in the input-form, and vice versa.
>
> How can we disable / enable the red boxes for obligatory metadata in the
> input-form?
>
> Thanks a lot for any advice!
> Jan
>
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
> trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus
> on
> what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
> Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
> _______________________________________________
> GeoNetwork-users mailing list
> [hidden email]
> https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
> GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Style of mandatory fields in input-form

Jan Schorn-3
Dear Jean and Francois,

thanks for your fast answers!

We made a new schema based on the ISO19139 profile.

In the schema.xsd we wrote, for example:
<xsd:element name="language" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" type="xsd:string"/>

it results in Language with a * but without the red border.
So the red * is getting activated and deactivated, but not the red
border around the text field.

We are doing right with switching the fields to mandatory with changing
minOccurs=1 or is there an other parameter we need to change?

Thanks for any hint!
Jan


Jean Pommier (IGE) escribió:

> Hi,
>
> I would say it is in the XSD files related to your schema : mandatory
> fields are taken from the XSD specifications, I believe.
> So you would have to change the specification and set those fields as
> not mandatory...
> Cheers,
> Jean
>
> 2009/8/12 Jan Schorn <[hidden email]>
>
>     Hi all,
>
>     we are using geonetwork with a own metadata-schema which is based
>     on an
>     existing one.
>
>     In Geonetwork 2.4 the metadata input-form marks the mandatory fields
>     with a red box, a nice new feature.
>
>     In our own schema some metadata attributes are not mandatory anymore,
>     but they still appear with a red box in the input-form, and vice
>     versa.
>
>     How can we disable / enable the red boxes for obligatory metadata
>     in the
>     input-form?
>
>     Thanks a lot for any advice!
>     Jan
>
>     ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>     Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports
>     2008 30-Day
>     trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment -
>     and focus on
>     what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
>     Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
>     _______________________________________________
>     GeoNetwork-users mailing list
>     [hidden email]
>     <mailto:[hidden email]>
>     https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
>     GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
>     http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
>
>


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Style of mandatory fields in input-form

Jan Schorn-3
In reply to this post by Francois Prunayre
Hi all,

we resolved the problem with the red box in the input form based on the
hint from Francois, that's the way we did it:

1) In metadata.xsl in the if-condition line +-910 we changed
../geonet:elemento@min por geonet:element/@min (without the '/')


2) In line +-849, below this line:
<select class="md" name="_{geonet:element/@ref}" size="1">

we added the following if-condition:
<xsl:if test="geonet:element/@min='1' and $edit">
    <xsl:attribute name="onchange">validateNonEmpty(this);</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>


3) In the file metadata-ownScheme.xsl below the following line:
<input class="md" type="text" name="_{$ref}" id="_{$ref}_cal"
value="{text()}" size="30">

we added the same if-condition:
<xsl:if test="geonet:element/@min='1' and $edit">
    <xsl:attribute name="onkeyup">validateNonEmpty(this);</xsl:attribute>
</xsl:if>


Hope it helps to others struggling with the red boxes in the input-form
like we did ;-)
Good luck to all the geonetwork users and developers!

Cheers,
Jan

 

Francois Prunayre escribió:

> Hello Jan,
>
> 2009/8/12 Jan Schorn <[hidden email]>:
>  
>> we are using geonetwork with a own metadata-schema which is based on an
>> existing one.
>>
>> In Geonetwork 2.4 the metadata input-form marks the mandatory fields
>> with a red box, a nice new feature.
>>
>> In our own schema some metadata attributes are not mandatory anymore,
>> but they still appear with a red box in the input-form, and vice versa.
>>
>> How can we disable / enable the red boxes for obligatory metadata in the
>> input-form?
>>    
>
> If your schema define the cardinality to 1, then the metadocument
> contains a geonet:element/@min attribute which is used to set the
> validation event. See :
> <xsl:if test="../geonet:element/@min='1' and $edit">
>   <xsl:attribute name="onkeyup">validateNonEmpty(this);</xsl:attribute>
> </xsl:if>
> in metadata.xsl or metadata-iso19139.xsl.
> Then for number validation, specific templates could be made (eg.
> gts:TM_PeriodDuration).
>
> Are you using an ISO profil ? For which element the issue occurs ?
>
> HTH.
> Francois
>  


------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Let Crystal Reports handle the reporting - Free Crystal Reports 2008 30-Day
trial. Simplify your report design, integration and deployment - and focus on
what you do best, core application coding. Discover what's new with
Crystal Reports now.  http://p.sf.net/sfu/bobj-july
_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Style of mandatory fields in input-form

Tarcísio Silva de Araújo
Hello everyone,

Does the solution for enforcing / removing fields mandatory remain similar
in version 3.X?
I'm creating a custom profile based on iso19139. In some fields I change the
minOccurs property from "0" to "1" in the identification.xsd file and the
"*" does not appear on the form.
The case quoted worked perfectly in the "Status" field, but did not work in
the "keyword" field.



--
Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GeoNetwork-users-f3860293.html


_______________________________________________
GeoNetwork-users mailing list
[hidden email]
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/geonetwork-users
GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork