Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi,

Stripe donation payments had been automatically added to our donors list in the past. However, this mechanism seems to broken now. The Paypal donors are still added.

I have no idea how this works or who can help. I think Richard or Jürgen handled this in the past.

Jürgen, Marco or Tim - are you able to help? Do we have this documented somewhere?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Andreas

Re: Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

Tim Sutton-6
Richard did the original work on that. I can try to take a look at it later in the week. Can you give the specific page / URL  you are referring to?

Regards

Tim

On 8 Oct 2019, at 08:11, Andreas Neumann <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

Stripe donation payments had been automatically added to our donors list in the past. However, this mechanism seems to broken now. The Paypal donors are still added.

I have no idea how this works or who can help. I think Richard or Jürgen handled this in the past.

Jürgen, Marco or Tim - are you able to help? Do we have this documented somewhere?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Andreas

---

Tim Sutton

Re: Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

Jürgen E. Fischer

On Tue, 08. Oct 2019 at 09:11:02 +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:
> Stripe donation payments had been automatically added to our donors list
> in the past. However, this mechanism seems to broken now. The Paypal
> donors are still added.

Hm, apparently no branch was checkout on qgis2:~stripe/QGIS-Website and
all the commits were not pushed.  I squashed and merged them to master in
cda146cd70.

master is now checked out - so I hope new stripe donations will turn up…

Jürgen

--
Jürgen E. Fischer           norBIT GmbH             Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
Dipl.-Inf. (FH)             Rheinstraße 13          Fax. +49-4931-918175-50

Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
GF: Juergen Fischer, Nils Kutscher HR: Amtsgericht Aurich HRB 100827
Datenschutzerklaerung: https://www.norbit.de/83/

Re: Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

Andreas Neumann-4

Hi Tim,

Thanks.

I am refering to the file source/site/about/donors.inc

I believe the addition of new donors is triggered by e-mails from paypal.com and stripe.com. Maybe, with stripe it is using an API - I really don't know. The addition of PayPal donors still works, but the donors from stripe.com are not added anymore. Sorry, I don't know more about the mechanisms behind it.

It would be great if we had a documentation of such processes, so when one persons leaves, that other people can take over.

Thanks,

Andreas

Re: Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

Andreas Neumann-4

Ok - let's see. Thanks!

Andreas

Re: Stripe donors not added automatically to our donors list anymore?

pcav
Hi Andreas,

On 08/10/19 11:58, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> It would be great if we had a documentation of such processes, so when
> one persons leaves, that other people can take over.

fully agreed, but I think this will involve even more work for the few,
stretched out volunteers. Documenting will take time and effort, but
keeping all this updated will be very complex.
Cheers.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
QGIS.ORG Chair: