Stretching subset of a raster

Radov, Asen (GSFC-619.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND]

Hello,

Can someone help me with this issue?

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/316651/mapserver-processing-scale-a-b-does-not-stretch-data

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Asen Radov

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center / Code 619

Phone: 301-614-6517

E-mail: [hidden email]

Re: Stretching subset of a raster

jmckenna
Administrator
Hi Asen,

What happens if you remove the PROCESSING line from your first test,
save that image with a shp2img command, and then add PROCESSING
"SCALE=10,20" and re-run shp2img?  The pixel values in the 10-20 range
should be stretched in the second image, which you can compare to your
first non-stretched image.

(if I am understanding your situation, ha)

-jeff

--
Jeff McKenna
https://gatewaygeomatics.com/

On 2019-06-12 4:39 PM, Radov, Asen (GSFC-619.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND]

Re: Stretching subset of a raster

Lime, Steve D (MNIT)

Hi Asen: Hmmm… What version of MapServer and GDAL? The scaling should be happening in GDAL before the data hit MapServer so the [pixel] values MapServer gets are already between 0-255 in both of your cases. What I don’t know is what GDAL does with values outside the scaling range – so with SCALE=10,20 what do 5 or 50 get mapped to.

Do you have a sample GeoTiff to play with?

--Steve