Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Veronica Andreo
Hi all,

I was thinking that we could order some stickers for the Code Sprint + FOSS4G upcoming events. If ordered now, they should arrive in a couple of weeks. Stickermule (https://www.stickermule.com) might be an option. They had eventually offered free stickers if we put them in the sponsor list, but I didn't get much feedback when posted the topic here [1], so that issue is a bit in stand by for different reasons. Still, I think it would be nice to have some stickers printed for the upcoming events.

The other very nice thing to do would be to print t-shirts for those of us attending the code sprint, since we are quite a few this time :)
There were many Google Code-In students working on that task and the "nicest" designs are uploaded in: https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017. We could vote for one of them and have t-shirts printed. It's also a recognition to students working on that, I think.

What do you say? I volunteer to order the stickers if necessary. Maybe someone else can arrange for the t-shirts...

Best,
Vero

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Moritz Lennert
On 25/02/18 12:57, Veronica Andreo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I was thinking that we could order some stickers for the Code Sprint +
> FOSS4G upcoming events. If ordered now, they should arrive in a couple
> of weeks. Stickermule (https://www.stickermule.com
> <https://www.stickermule.com/>) might be an option. They had eventually
> offered free stickers if we put them in the sponsor list, but I didn't
> get much feedback when posted the topic here [1], so that issue is a bit
> in stand by for different reasons.

- need for a clear sponsoring policy
- need for a new web site

The second already is on the agenda for the code sprint, maybe we should
add the first...

> Still, I think it would be nice to
> have some stickers printed for the upcoming events.

+1

> The other very nice thing to do would be to print t-shirts for those of
> us attending the code sprint, since we are quite a few this time :)
> There were many Google Code-In students working on that task and the
> "nicest" designs are uploaded in:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017
> <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017>.
> We could vote for one of them and have t-shirts printed. It's also a
> recognition to students working on that, I think.

Good idea !

My favorites are 6 (but it's probably going to be more expensive to
realize) and 1. I also like the concept of 5, but not sure I find the
words the most representative, and don't think we should single out
specific institutions (here NOAA and USGS)...

Moritz

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Luí­s Moreira de Sousa
Design #6 is really good. I would not mind paying for a t-shirt that nice.

See you in Bonn.

​--

Luís Moreira de Sousa

Bowlespark 8

6701 DN Wageningen

The Netherlands

Phone: +31 628 544 755

Email: [hidden email]

RingID: ring:7ca91d83f4f9dec82fec9f1144b8e5c1ef2a110c

On February 26, 2018 2:38 PM, Moritz Lennert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> ​​
>
> On 25/02/18 12:57, Veronica Andreo wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I was thinking that we could order some stickers for the Code Sprint +
> >
> > FOSS4G upcoming events. If ordered now, they should arrive in a couple
> >
> > of weeks. Stickermule (https://www.stickermule.com
> >
> > https://www.stickermule.com/) might be an option. They had eventually
> >
> > offered free stickers if we put them in the sponsor list, but I didn't
> >
> > get much feedback when posted the topic here \[1\], so that issue is a bit
> >
> > in stand by for different reasons.
>
> -   need for a clear sponsoring policy
> -   need for a new web site
>
>     The second already is on the agenda for the code sprint, maybe we should
>
>     add the first...
>

> > Still, I think it would be nice to
> >
> > have some stickers printed for the upcoming events.
>
> +1
>
> > The other very nice thing to do would be to print t-shirts for those of
> >
> > us attending the code sprint, since we are quite a few this time :)
> >
> > There were many Google Code-In students working on that task and the
> >
> > "nicest" designs are uploaded in:
> >
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017
> >
> > https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017.
> >
> > We could vote for one of them and have t-shirts printed. It's also a
> >
> > recognition to students working on that, I think.
>
> Good idea !
>
> My favorites are 6 (but it's probably going to be more expensive to
>
> realize) and 1. I also like the concept of 5, but not sure I find the
>
> words the most representative, and don't think we should single out
>
> specific institutions (here NOAA and USGS)...
>
> Moritz
>
> grass-psc mailing list

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Luca Delucchi
On 25 February 2018 at 12:57, Veronica Andreo <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,

Hi,

> I was thinking that we could order some stickers for the Code Sprint +
> FOSS4G upcoming events. If ordered now, they should arrive in a couple of
> weeks. Stickermule (https://www.stickermule.com) might be an option. They
> had eventually offered free stickers if we put them in the sponsor list, but
> I didn't get much feedback when posted the topic here [1], so that issue is
> a bit in stand by for different reasons. Still, I think it would be nice to
> have some stickers printed for the upcoming events.

I probably could bring some in Dar El Salam

> The other very nice thing to do would be to print t-shirts for those of us
> attending the code sprint, since we are quite a few this time :)

+1

> There were many Google Code-In students working on that task and the
> "nicest" designs are uploaded in:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017. We
> could vote for one of them and have t-shirts printed. It's also a
> recognition to students working on that, I think.

I would restrict the vote to these
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_1.svg
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_2.svg
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_5.svg
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_6.svg

I vote for 1 and 6

> What do you say? I volunteer to order the stickers if necessary. Maybe
> someone else can arrange for the t-shirts...

thanks... you could volunteering for both :-P

--
ciao
Luca

www.lucadelu.org

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Veronica Andreo
Hi

> I was thinking that we could order some stickers for the Code Sprint +
> FOSS4G upcoming events. If ordered now, they should arrive in a couple of
> weeks. Stickermule (https://www.stickermule.com) might be an option. They
> had eventually offered free stickers if we put them in the sponsor list, but
> I didn't get much feedback when posted the topic here [1], so that issue is
> a bit in stand by for different reasons. Still, I think it would be nice to
> have some stickers printed for the upcoming events.

I probably could bring some in Dar El Salam

Precisely, I had that on mind. How many should I order? I ordered 200 last year for FOSS4G-EU and they had great acceptance. If we consider more events now, then 400-500 should do?

> The other very nice thing to do would be to print t-shirts for those of us
> attending the code sprint, since we are quite a few this time :)

+1

> There were many Google Code-In students working on that task and the
> "nicest" designs are uploaded in:
> https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in#2017. We
> could vote for one of them and have t-shirts printed. It's also a
> recognition to students working on that, I think.

I would restrict the vote to these
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_1.svg
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_2.svg
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_5.svg
https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-promo/google_code-in/2017/t-shirt_6.svg

I vote for 1 and 6

I also like 6 most :)

> What do you say? I volunteer to order the stickers if necessary. Maybe
> someone else can arrange for the t-shirts...

thanks... you could volunteering for both :-P

Since in Australia and travelling these days, I can only do the stickers ordering now, that I can do online. No time for searching for t-shirt printing services and taking care of that too, sorry.

Vero

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Markus Neteler

Am 25.02.2018 12:57 nachm. schrieb "Veronica Andreo" <[hidden email]>:
[...]

Nice idea!
We would need to define a budget for this.
Do you have an idea what the sticker part costs?

Thanks
Markus

El 27 feb. 2018 4:43 p.m., "Markus Neteler" <[hidden email]> escribió:

[...]

Checking in the stickermule site, 500 stickers, die cut, 2x2", cost 141 dollars. So, something like that...

Vero

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Veronica Andreo
Hi all,

here I attach the invoice for the printing of 500 stickers with stickermule. They look very nice, btw, (:-))) better than those from StickerApp.

Cheers,
Vero

[...]

R226623280.pdf (52K) Download Attachment

Re: Stickers and t-shirts community sprint Bonn

Martin Landa

> here I attach the invoice for the printing of 500 stickers with stickermule.
> They look very nice, btw, (:-))) better than those from StickerApp.

based on voting procedure, the invoice is covered from budget, see
bank transfer confirmation (second part of page in English). I updated
wiki page accordingly [1]. Ma

[1] https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_GIS_Budget_2018#Expenses

--
Martin Landa
http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/gwiki/Landa

Pohyb_16034125159_na_uctu_2300442467.pdf (65K) Download Attachment