Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

12

Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

GordonL
HI All,
ok, assuming one has paid for the ECW license, how does one hook up ECW with MGOS 2.4 Beta?

I am assuming GDAL 1.9 (http://vbkto.dyndns.org/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1400-gdal-1-9-1-mapserver-6-0-3.zip)
-including the plugins...

But do we need a new build of the GDAL FDO Provider for this one?

thanks
gordon

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Steve Golden
Gordon,

I was so happy to see the subject in your thread thinking that finally, someone found the pot of gold...and so sad to open your thread and see the big question mark.  Just want to include the previous thread that I started regarding the GDAL provider:

http://osgeo-org.1560.n6.nabble.com/GDAL-provider-dlls-tp4990850.html

Are you seeing similar issues (what version are you using win32, win64, etc)?

-Steve

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Jackie Ng
Here's your checklist for GDAL:

 - The GDAL version with ECW support must be 1.9
 - It must be built with MSVC 2010
 - It must be of the same bitness as your MapGuide/FDO

MGOS 2.4 RC1 is using a GDAL FDO Provider built against GDAL 1.9. So if that site offers an ECW-enabled version of GDAL that matches the above parameters, the existing wiki instructions should hopefully still work.

- Jackie

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Trevor Wekel
Hi Gordon, Steve, Jackie,

The release-1400-gdal series is built with Visual Studio 2005. See http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/ for more information.

Try using the following binaries - they should be built using GDAL 1.9.0 and Visual Studio 2010.

32bit MapGuide 2.4 http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip

64bit MapGuide 2.4 http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-x64-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip

The latest "1600 series" GDAL 1.9.1 binaries may also work assuming API compatibility between GDAL 1.9.0 and GDAL 1.9.1.

Regards,
Trevor

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Jamo
I can confirm My GDAL ECW setup is working.
From memory I just grabbed the correct bits for my setup "release-1500-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip"

coppied them to the right directories, as per the wiki and voila it worked :)

I can't seem to get grid (saga, xyz) data to show correctly but the ECW files work just fine.

MapGuide Maestro 6.0.0.8587
MapGuide Opensource 3.0.0.8701
Fusion, PHP, Apache
Windows 7 Pro SP1

This post was updated on .
Jamo, can you confirm what version of MG you are using and the OS you have it installed on?

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

GordonL
Ok, on MGOS 2.4 Beta 32bit:

Download the ZIP File:
http://www.gisinternals.com/sdk/PackageList.aspx?file=release-1600-gdal-1-9-0-mapserver-6-0-1.zip

Unzip it anywhere you wish (i.e. C:\GDAL\)

Grab all the files from the C:\GDAL\bin\gdal\plugins\ folder and paste them into:
C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin\gdalplugins\

From the C:\GDAL\bin\ folder copy the two files:
libecwj2.dll
lti_dsdk.dll

and put them in:
C:\Program Files\OSGeo\MapGuide\Server\bin\

Restart MapGuide Service and it works now.
That is all I needed to do to get it working on 32bit.

gordon

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Jamo
Oh I have two setups a local one for testing, I can't currently confirm ECW operation as I am testing SAGA grid files (in between other things)

Actual Server
Windows Server 2008 - 64 bit
Mapguide 2.2.0.5703
ECW Working.

Windows 7 - 32 bit
Mapguide 2.4.0.6876
Fairly sure I've had ECWs Working.

GORDON Ls post is the money shot.

Fusion, PHP, Apache
Windows 7 Pro SP1

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Steve Golden
Gordon has the money shot...however, I have noticed some problems with setting up the feature sources in Maestro using alias connections (both file and folder).  Basically, when you set up a connection to an alias using the "Single" feature type, the path is correctly displayed.  But when you do the same connection to an alias using the "Composite" feature type, the path to the alias is incorrect.  See attached screenshots.  The following example is what composite connections display:

Aerials\2011Aerials\ECW_2000x3000/620751871.ecw

I believe The last slash should be a forward slash "\" not a backward slash "/".  I found this problem with Maestro versions 3.5, 4, and 5.  I think I isolated this as being my problem over the last couple of days with not getting GDAL to work properly (and have a couple of more gray hairs to show for it).  I am not sure if there is a ticket yet or something that has just been overlooked for a while.

Also, another FYI...I found that when you "Preview" the feature source of alias files from Maestro and click on "View Data", it may display "Total Entries: 0" but will also display a list of the file paths.  This is good.  If it displays "Total Entries: -1" this is bad.  With file system connections it seems to display the correct number of files and the names of the files (no path) as long as the provider is installed and MGOS is configured correctly.  The other way to make sure that everything is set up properly (this probably goes without saying) is save your feature source and then create a layer based on that feature source...when you preview the layer, your raster(s) should be rendered properly.

I hope this helps.

-Steve

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Jackie Ng
About the slashes, "/" is a valid path separator in Windows so this is not an issue.

Also, be aware that there is a small defect at the moment with adding top-level aliased raster files: http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/ticket/2035

- Jackie

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Steve Golden
Thank you for the clarification Master Ng.

Do you know of a work around for using alias raster files?

Thanks.

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

ChrisGo
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Steve Golden
Based on Jackie's comments, I would stick with 1.9.0.  But of course you could always try with 1.9.1 and see what happens.  Please report back any success stories or stumbling blocks.

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Jackie Ng
Until this defect is fixed, simply don't have your raster files directly under the aliased folder, but rather a folder one or more levels deep within the aliased folder.

For example, if you have an alias mapped to C:\images don't have your images put under C:\images

Have them under C:\images\foo or C:\images\foo\bar etc. Anything that will result in the aliased path having at least one path separator

- Jackie

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Steve Golden
Jackie,

Just reporting that in my experience this problem exists for nested folders under the aliased folder.  My raster files are about 3 directories deep from the aliased folder.  If you look at my screenshots, the alias is to a network directory (GIS_DATA), and then the raster files are directories deep from there:

Jacqueline W

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

mgmarek
This post was updated on .
hi,

i'm trying to run ECW in MGOS 2.6.
My system is W8.1 64b and MGOS is 64b
I've downloded: release-1700-x64-gdal-1-11-1-mapserver-6-4-1.zip - it was signed as MSVC 2012 version

unpacked and make some copy to bin:

Server\bin\libecwj2.dll
Server\bin\lti_dsdk_dll.dll
Server\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_ECW_JP2ECW.dll
Server\bin\gdalplugins\gdal_MrSID.dll
Server\Fdo\gdal16.dll
Server\Fdo\geos_c.dll
Server\Fdo\iconv.dll
Server\Fdo\libcurl.dll
Server\Fdo\libexpat.dll
Server\Fdo\libpq.dll
Server\Fdo\libtiff.dll
Server\Fdo\proj.dll
Server\Fdo\spatialite.dll
Server\Fdo\xerces-c_2_8.dll
Server\Fdo\zlib1.dll

Additionaly:

Server\Fdo\gdal111.dll
Server\Fdo\hdf5*.*
Server\Fdo\NCSEcw.dll
Server\Fdo\cfitsio.dll
Server\Fdo\netcdf.dll

But I can't find for now OCI.dll

where to find proper OCI.dll?
in package there is elso newer version of libpq.dll. Should i overite the old one?

can anyone help me with going forward?

Re: Step by Step for ECW and MGOS 2.4

Rémy Gourrat
Hi,

You don't need oci to display ecw.

Oci.dll is for oracle direct connection and With mapguide we use king oracle fdo not oci.

Rémy
AG-Carto - Bayonne
12