Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Till Adams-3
Dear Conference Committee,

it was a pleasure for me to chair this committee for the past three years.

As you might have seen, since this week, I am a new member of the OSGeo
board and I do not like mixing up posts. I think, our community is big
enough.

So, today, I step back as your chair, but I would remain as a voting
member. Of course I will finish to moderate the FOSS4G 2021 selection
process.

I know, if I ask this: "Is anybody of the voting members willing to
chair this committee ?" - no one will stand up, right ;-) ?

Regards, Till

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

stevenfeldman
Till

Thank you for all of your efforts as committee chair over the last years. It has been a pleasure working with you.

Who’s next?

______
Steven

Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org

Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter

On 3 Dec 2019, at 17:17, Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Conference Committee,

it was a pleasure for me to chair this committee for the past three years.

As you might have seen, since this week, I am a new member of the OSGeo
board and I do not like mixing up posts. I think, our community is big
enough.

So, today, I step back as your chair, but I would remain as a voting
member. Of course I will finish to moderate the FOSS4G 2021 selection
process.

I know, if I ask this: "Is anybody of the voting members willing to
chair this committee ?" - no one will stand up, right ;-) ?

Regards, Till

Whosnext.jpg (162K) Download Attachment

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Vasile Crăciunescu
Hey Till,

Thank you for the smooth lead of this committee. It was great to work
with you. I'm sure you will do great in the board. Given my very recent
experience, I can try to take your place. Of course, only if someone
else want to take this position.

Warm regards,
Vasile

On 03/12/2019 19:17, Till Adams wrote:

> Dear Conference Committee,
>
> it was a pleasure for me to chair this committee for the past three years.
>
> As you might have seen, since this week, I am a new member of the OSGeo
> board and I do not like mixing up posts. I think, our community is big
> enough.
>
> So, today, I step back as your chair, but I would remain as a voting
> member. Of course I will finish to moderate the FOSS4G 2021 selection
> process.
>
> I know, if I ask this: "Is anybody of the voting members willing to
> chair this committee ?" - no one will stand up, right ;-) ?
>
> Regards, Till

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

delawen
On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:03 PM Vasile Craciunescu
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hey Till,
>
> Thank you for the smooth lead of this committee. It was great to work
> with you. I'm sure you will do great in the board. Given my very recent
> experience, I can try to take your place. Of course, only if someone
> else want to take this position.

I guess you mean if someone else "doesn't want". Or do you do it only
for the competition? :)

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Till Adams-3
Dear Vasile, @others,

I think that you are an excellent candidate for chairing this committee
- especially, as your experiences regarding running a FOSS4G are quite
fresh ;-)

@Conference committee:

Anybody else want to compete? If so, please stand up.

I will call for a vote this friday as my last job as chair of this
committee ;-)

Till

Am 04.12.19 um 08:09 schrieb María Arias de Reyna:

> On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 10:03 PM Vasile Craciunescu
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hey Till,
>>
>> Thank you for the smooth lead of this committee. It was great to work
>> with you. I'm sure you will do great in the board. Given my very recent
>> experience, I can try to take your place. Of course, only if someone
>> else want to take this position.
>>
> I guess you mean if someone else "doesn't want". Or do you do it only
> for the competition? :)

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Arnulf Christl-3

...I am only a past member of the conference committee but still want to recommend from the sidelines that Vasile would be a perfect fit.

Vasile,

it is great to see you step up for this and thanks for your continuous engagement!

Best regards,

Arnulf

Am 04.12.19 um 10:21 schrieb Steven Feldman:
[...]

Digitally Enabling your Business.

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Eli Adam
Thanks for all your work over the years Till!  I certainly appreciate
it and have enjoyed working with you.  Good luck on the Board!

On Tue, Dec 3, 2019 at 11:52 PM Till Adams <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Vasile, @others,
>
> I think that you are an excellent candidate for chairing this committee
> - especially, as your experiences regarding running a FOSS4G are quite
> fresh ;-)
>

> @Conference committee:
>
> Anybody else want to compete? If so, please stand up.
>
> I will call for a vote this friday as my last job as chair of this
> committee ;-)

As always, hopefully that call for a vote is in a clearly delineated
thread, possibly with a subject starting as "Motion:...", have a clear
voting period, and have results declared at the conclusion.

> Till

Hi Arnulf,

On Wed, Dec 4, 2019 at 1:59 AM Arnulf Christl
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> ...I am only a past member of the conference committee but still want to recommend from the sidelines that Vasile would be a perfect fit.

Thanks for contributing, I value useful contributions whether they are
formal members or not.  You've certainly provided useful insight over
the years and hopefully occasionally continue to do so.

Best regards, Eli

> Vasile,
>
> it is great to see you step up for this and thanks for your continuous engagement!
>

> Best regards,
>
> Arnulf
>

> Am 04.12.19 um 10:21 schrieb Steven Feldman:
>
> +1+1+1+1 to Vasile bringing his wisdom and experience to chairing CC
> ______
> Steven
>
> Unusual maps in strange places -  mappery.org
>
> Subscribe to my weekly “Maps in the Wild” newsletter
>
> On 3 Dec 2019, at 21:02, Vasile Craciunescu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hey Till,
>
> Thank you for the smooth lead of this committee. It was great to work
> with you. I'm sure you will do great in the board. Given my very recent
> experience, I can try to take your place. Of course, only if someone
> else want to take this position.
>
> Warm regards,
> Vasile
>
> On 03/12/2019 19:17, Till Adams wrote:
>
> Dear Conference Committee,
>
> it was a pleasure for me to chair this committee for the past three years.
>
> As you might have seen, since this week, I am a new member of the OSGeo
> board and I do not like mixing up posts. I think, our community is big
> enough.
>
> So, today, I step back as your chair, but I would remain as a voting
> member. Of course I will finish to moderate the FOSS4G 2021 selection
> process.
>
> I know, if I ask this: "Is anybody of the voting members willing to
> chair this committee ?" - no one will stand up, right ;-) ?
>
> Regards, Till

> http://metaspatial.net
> Digitally Enabling your Business.

Re: Step back as Chair of Conference Committee

Paul Ramsey
Super to have Vasile take the reins!
Thank you Til for all your hard work!