Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

stevenfeldman
Conference Committee

Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become in the future) for membership.

I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.

I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise to you for that.

I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018 teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I have been chair.

Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be filled with FOSS4G goodness


______
Steven


_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

guidos
I am sorry to see you step down and I thought that your efforts were true and worthwhile.

"O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done..."

-Guido

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:55 AM Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Conference Committee

Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become in the future) for membership.

I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.

I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise to you for that.

I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018 teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I have been chair.

Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be filled with FOSS4G goodness


______
Steven


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Peter Batty
In reply to this post by stevenfeldman
Steven, many thanks for all the work you have put in as the committee chair. And a happy holiday season to you too!

Cheers,
    Peter.

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
Conference Committee

Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become in the future) for membership.

I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.

I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise to you for that.

I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018 teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I have been chair.

Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be filled with FOSS4G goodness


______
Steven


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board


_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Maria Antonia Brovelli
In reply to this post by stevenfeldman

Dear Steven 

many many  thanks for what you have been doing for the Committee. 

Merry Christmas and a wonderful 2017!

Maria




----------------------------------------------------
Prof. Maria Antonia Brovelli
Vice Rector for Como Campus and GIS Professor
Politecnico di Milano

ISPRS WG IV/4"Collaborative crowdsourced cloud mapping (C3M)" http://www2.isprs.org/commissions/comm4/wg4.html


OSGeo; ICA-OSGeo-ISPRS Advisory Board; NASA WorldWind Europa Challenge; SIFET 

Sol Katz Award 2015

 

Via Natta, 12/14 - 22100 COMO (ITALY)

Tel. +39-031-3327336 - Mob. +39-328-0023867 - fax. +39-031-3327321

e-mail1: [hidden email][hidden email]

e-mail2: [hidden email]




 




Da: Board <[hidden email]> per conto di Steven Feldman <[hidden email]>
Inviato: mercoledì 21 dicembre 2016 16.55
A: conference
Cc: OSGeo Board
Oggetto: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair
 
Conference Committee

Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become in the future) for membership.

I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.

I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise to you for that.

I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018 teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.

Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I have been chair.

Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be filled with FOSS4G goodness


______
Steven


_______________________________________________
Board mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Eli Adam
In reply to this post by Peter Batty
Steven,

Thanks for your leadership and work guiding us through several FOSS4G
selections and improving the RFP process.  (Thanks for taking over
from me too.)  Congratulations on the accomplishments.

I'm looking forward to your continued involvement at a less
substantial commitment level and wishing you success on your next
focus and endeavors.

Be well, Eli

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 2:12 PM, Peter Batty <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Steven, many thanks for all the work you have put in as the committee chair.
> And a happy holiday season to you too!
>
> Cheers,
>     Peter.
>
> On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 3:55 PM, Steven Feldman <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Conference Committee
>>
>> Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for me
>> to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a member
>> of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for as long as I
>> fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become in the future) for
>> membership.
>>
>> I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the 2017
>> selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to formalise the
>> basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that has assisted Bonn and
>> Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP process and documents to make
>> it easier to use for future years and we have evaluated and awarded 2018 to
>> Dar es Salaam.
>>
>> I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some
>> committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting
>> processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise to you
>> for that.
>>
>> I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not our
>> only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the global
>> FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of past chairs
>> who know what to look for and are willing to commit time to diligently
>> review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their hand up to steer the
>> process when the time comes round to start the 2019 selection, until then I
>> expect we will be pretty much in hibernation except for answering questions
>> from the 2017 and 2018 teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of
>> course, it is up to the committee members to decide whether they wish to
>> elect a new chair.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I have
>> been chair.
>>
>> Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be filled
>> with FOSS4G goodness
>>
>>
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Board mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Till Adams-3
In reply to this post by stevenfeldman
Dear Steven,

also from my side many thanks for your work in this committee but also
for being ready to help us for FOSS4G 2016 at any time!
It is great to know, that you are not "gone", but only step back as our
chair.

 From me also congratulations on all the accomplishments although I
think it is still an open issue, that your move towards a more regulated
membership process in the ConfComm is still blocked by two uncommented
"-1" votes.
But it's not up to you to clear that up, you invested enough energy on
that.


Thanks again and best wishes for next year! Happy to meet you again
(and have a beer or two ;-))


Till




Am 2016-12-21 16:55, schrieb Steven Feldman:

> Conference Committee
>
> Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for
> me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain
> a
> member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for
> as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may
> become
> in the future) for membership.
>
> I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the
> 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to
> formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that
> has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP
> process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and
> we
> have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.
>
> I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some
> committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting
> processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise
> to you for that.
>
> I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not
> our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the
> global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team
> of
> past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time
> to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their
> hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the
> 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in
> hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018
> teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to
> the
> committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.
>
> Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I
> have been chair.
>
> Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be
> filled with FOSS4G goodness
>
>
> ______
> Steven
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Mark Iliffe-2
Dear Steven,

To echo Till’s thoughts, many thanks for your time as the good captain of the conference committee. May the FOSS be with you and live long and git commit :)

Happy new year and beers on me the next time we meet!

Best,

Mark


> On 22 Dec 2016, at 10:32, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Dear Steven,
>
> also from my side many thanks for your work in this committee but also for being ready to help us for FOSS4G 2016 at any time!
> It is great to know, that you are not "gone", but only step back as our chair.
>
> From me also congratulations on all the accomplishments although I think it is still an open issue, that your move towards a more regulated membership process in the ConfComm is still blocked by two uncommented "-1" votes.
> But it's not up to you to clear that up, you invested enough energy on that.
>
>
> Thanks again and best wishes for next year! Happy to meet you again (and have a beer or two ;-))
>
>
> Till
>
>
>
>
> Am 2016-12-21 16:55, schrieb Steven Feldman:
>> Conference Committee
>>
>> Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for
>> me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a
>> member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for
>> as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become
>> in the future) for membership.
>>
>> I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the
>> 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to
>> formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that
>> has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP
>> process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we
>> have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.
>>
>> I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some
>> committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting
>> processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise
>> to you for that.
>>
>> I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not
>> our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the
>> global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of
>> past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time
>> to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their
>> hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the
>> 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in
>> hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018
>> teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the
>> committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I
>> have been chair.
>>
>> Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be
>> filled with FOSS4G goodness
>>
>>
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Michael Terner
Steven:
An enormous +1 to all the deserved kudos that have been tossed your way. You have been both incredibly helpful to our team, and also inspiring in your leadership of the committee. We are truly sad to see you leave this post, but are gratified that you will remain on the committee and available for counsel.

All the very best and hope to see you in Boston, if not sooner!

MT

On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
Dear Steven,

To echo Till’s thoughts, many thanks for your time as the good captain of the conference committee. May the FOSS be with you and live long and git commit :)

Happy new year and beers on me the next time we meet!

Best,

Mark


> On 22 Dec 2016, at 10:32, [hidden email] wrote:
>
> Dear Steven,
>
> also from my side many thanks for your work in this committee but also for being ready to help us for FOSS4G 2016 at any time!
> It is great to know, that you are not "gone", but only step back as our chair.
>
> From me also congratulations on all the accomplishments although I think it is still an open issue, that your move towards a more regulated membership process in the ConfComm is still blocked by two uncommented "-1" votes.
> But it's not up to you to clear that up, you invested enough energy on that.
>
>
> Thanks again and best wishes for next year! Happy to meet you again (and have a beer or two ;-))
>
>
> Till
>
>
>
>
> Am 2016-12-21 16:55, schrieb Steven Feldman:
>> Conference Committee
>>
>> Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for
>> me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a
>> member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for
>> as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become
>> in the future) for membership.
>>
>> I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the
>> 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to
>> formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that
>> has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP
>> process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we
>> have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.
>>
>> I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some
>> committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting
>> processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise
>> to you for that.
>>
>> I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not
>> our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the
>> global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of
>> past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time
>> to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their
>> hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the
>> 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in
>> hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018
>> teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the
>> committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.
>>
>> Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I
>> have been chair.
>>
>> Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be
>> filled with FOSS4G goodness
>>
>>
>> ______
>> Steven
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev



--
Michael Terner
Executive Vice President
617-447-2468 Direct | 617-447-2400 Main
Applied Geographics, Inc.
24 School Street, Suite 500
Boston, MA 02108

www.AppGeo.com
Celebrating our 25th Anniversary 

This e-mail message and any attachments may contain confidential or legally privileged information. If you are not an intended recipient or otherwise authorized to receive this message, you should not use, copy, distribute, disclose or take any action based on the information contained in this e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this message and material in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you on behalf of Applied Geographics, Inc. (AppGeo).
_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Venkatesh Raghavan-2
Hi Steven,

Many thanks for all the effort you put in
Chairing the Conference Committee.

Look forward to your continued contributions
to the committee.

Best wishes,

Venka

On 12/22/2016 10:42 PM, Michael Terner wrote:

> Steven:
> An enormous +1 to all the deserved kudos that have been tossed your way.
> You have been both incredibly helpful to our team, and also inspiring in
> your leadership of the committee. We are truly sad to see you leave this
> post, but are gratified that you will remain on the committee and available
> for counsel.
>
> All the very best and hope to see you in Boston, if not sooner!
>
> MT
>
> On Thu, Dec 22, 2016 at 3:10 AM, Mark Iliffe <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Dear Steven,
>>
>> To echo Till’s thoughts, many thanks for your time as the good captain of
>> the conference committee. May the FOSS be with you and live long and git
>> commit :)
>>
>> Happy new year and beers on me the next time we meet!
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Mark
>>
>>
>>> On 22 Dec 2016, at 10:32, [hidden email] wrote:
>>>
>>> Dear Steven,
>>>
>>> also from my side many thanks for your work in this committee but also
>> for being ready to help us for FOSS4G 2016 at any time!
>>> It is great to know, that you are not "gone", but only step back as our
>> chair.
>>>
>>> From me also congratulations on all the accomplishments although I think
>> it is still an open issue, that your move towards a more regulated
>> membership process in the ConfComm is still blocked by two uncommented "-1"
>> votes.
>>> But it's not up to you to clear that up, you invested enough energy on
>> that.
>>>
>>>
>>> Thanks again and best wishes for next year! Happy to meet you again (and
>> have a beer or two ;-))
>>>
>>>
>>> Till
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> Am 2016-12-21 16:55, schrieb Steven Feldman:
>>>> Conference Committee
>>>>
>>>> Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for
>>>> me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a
>>>> member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for
>>>> as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become
>>>> in the future) for membership.
>>>>
>>>> I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the
>>>> 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to
>>>> formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4G’s by OSGeo and that
>>>> has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP
>>>> process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we
>>>> have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.
>>>>
>>>> I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some
>>>> committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting
>>>> processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise
>>>> to you for that.
>>>>
>>>> I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not
>>>> our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the
>>>> global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of
>>>> past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time
>>>> to diligently review LoI’s and proposals. A volunteer can put their
>>>> hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the
>>>> 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in
>>>> hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018
>>>> teams (and we don’t need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the
>>>> committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.
>>>>
>>>> Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I
>>>> have been chair.
>>>>
>>>> Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be
>>>> filled with FOSS4G goodness
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ______
>>>> Steven
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> _______________________________________________
>>>> Conference_dev mailing list
>>>> [hidden email]
>>>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> Conference_dev mailing list
>>> [hidden email]
>>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Conference_dev mailing list
>> [hidden email]
>> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>>
>
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Conference_dev mailing list
> [hidden email]
> http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
>

_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

Sanghee Shin
In reply to this post by stevenfeldman

Dear Steven,

 

I really appreciate all your efforts and contributions youve done as a Conference Committee chair. It was so great and impressive!

 

I expect your continued work here in the committee.

 

Kind regards,

신상희 드림
---
Shin, Sanghee
Gaia3D, Inc. - The GeoSpatial Company
http://www.gaia3d.com

 

보낸 사람: [hidden email]
보낸 날짜: 2016 12 22일 목요일 오전 12:55
받는 사람: [hidden email]
참조: [hidden email]
제목: [Board] Standing down as Conference Committee Chair

 

Conference Committee

 

Now that the FOSS4G 2018 selection process is complete it is time for me to stand down as chair of the conference committee. I will remain a member of the committee and continue to contribute wherever I can for as long as I fulfil the eligibility criteria (whatever they may become in the future) for membership.

 

I took over from Eli when he needed to stand down and steered the 2017 selection to a conclusion. In the last 18 months we managed to formalise the basis for seed funding for FOSS4Gs by OSGeo and that has assisted Bonn and Boston, we have updated and redrafted the RfP process and documents to make it easier to use for future years and we have evaluated and awarded 2018 to Dar es Salaam.

 

I burnt a lot of energy (mine and yours) trying to introduce some committee membership eligibility criteria and formalising our voting processes. With hindsight that was probably misguided and I apologise to you for that.

 

I am not sure that the committee needs a chair. Our main task (if not our only task) is to run the process to select the team to host the global FOSS4G, we have a good process (recently updated) and a team of past chairs who know what to look for and are willing to commit time to diligently review LoIs and proposals. A volunteer can put their hand up to steer the process when the time comes round to start the 2019 selection, until then I expect we will be pretty much in hibernation except for answering questions from the 2017 and 2018 teams (and we dont need a chair for that). Of course, it is up to the committee members to decide whether they wish to elect a new chair.

 

Thanks to all of you for your contributions to the committee whilst I have been chair.

 

Best wishes to you and yours for the holiday season and may 2017 be filled with FOSS4G goodness

 

 

______

Steven

 

 

_______________________________________________

Board mailing list

[hidden email]

http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/board

 


_______________________________________________
Conference_dev mailing list
[hidden email]
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/conference_dev