Standardizing some translations

DanielV
Hi list,

While translating some strings to PT_BR I noticed that some will translate Location to 'locação' as others will keep the original string 'location'. Is there some place where people keep track of these translation standards? Are there some already set rules such as "don't translate location and mapset?"

Transifex has a glossary where we could keep track of these words. But I'd like to know if something similar already exists

Cheers
Daniel

Re: Standardizing some translations

rnuske
HI Daniel

> While translating some strings to PT_BR I noticed that some will translate
> Location to 'locação' as others will keep the original string 'location'.
> Is there some place where people keep track of these translation standards?
> Are there some already set rules such as "don't translate location and
> mapset?"
>
> Transifex has a glossary where we could keep track of these words. But I'd
> like to know if something similar already exists

originally the glossary was in the GRASS Wiki
https://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Translation_Glossary

it seems somebody has imported that glossary to transifex 3 weeks ago
https://www.transifex.com/grass-gis/grass72/glossary/pt_BR/

I guess you already have found it and started to fill it ;-)

cheers
  robert

Re: Standardizing some translations

Luca Delucchi
On 3 March 2017 at 17:55, Daniel Victoria <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi list,

Hi Daniel,

> While translating some strings to PT_BR I noticed that some will translate
> Location to 'locação' as others will keep the original string 'location'. Is
> there some place where people keep track of these translation standards? Are
> there some already set rules such as "don't translate location and mapset?"

I think LOCATION and MAPSET should remain like this without translation

> Transifex has a glossary where we could keep track of these words. But I'd
> like to know if something similar already exists

As Robert point you the glossary is loaded, and translator are kindly
invited to fill and use it ;-)

--
ciao
Luca