Standard method of switching geonetwork to read-only mode

Standard method of switching geonetwork to read-only mode

Jo Cook
Hi All,

When upgrading geonetwork it's sometimes advantageous to be able to
make the catalog read-only. I can see lots of mention of this in the
code, and occasional mention of it in the documentation, but nothing
about the best way for the user or catalog admin to actually do it. Is
it to use a read-only user on the database or is there a config switch
that can be changed?

Thanks

Jo

--
Jo Cook
t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek

products, conferences, events and training*
*
*

Astun Technology Ltd,
Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK

t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/
twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>

iShare - enterprise
geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>

GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
<https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
Helpdesk and customer
portal
<https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal>

864201149.

Re: Standard method of switching geonetwork to read-only mode

Francois Prunayre
Hi Jo, long time ago we did some experiments on this with Heikki on Jeeves
services.
This was never used at the end AFAIK and was not implemented when moving to
Spring MVC.
The idea was to keep the app running even if the db is in read only mode.

Francois

Le lun. 29 juin 2020 à 16:06, Jo Cook <[hidden email]> a écrit :

> Hi All,
>
> When upgrading geonetwork it's sometimes advantageous to be able to
> make the catalog read-only. I can see lots of mention of this in the
> code, and occasional mention of it in the documentation, but nothing
> about the best way for the user or catalog admin to actually do it. Is
> it to use a read-only user on the database or is there a config switch
> that can be changed?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jo
>
> --
> Jo Cook
> t:+44 7930 524 155/twitter:@archaeogeek
> Please note that currently I do not work on Friday afternoons. For
> urgent responses at that time, please visit
> support.astuntechnology.com or phone our office on 01372 744009

> products, conferences, events and training*
> *
> *
>
> Astun Technology Ltd,
> Epsom Square Centre, 6-7 The Derby Square, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8AG, UK
>
> t:+44 1372 744 009 w: astuntechnology.com <http://astuntechnology.com/>
> twitter:@astuntech <https://twitter.com/astuntech>
>

> iShare - enterprise
> geographic intelligence platform <https://astuntechnology.com/ishare/>
>
> GeoServer, PostGIS and QGIS training
> <https://astuntechnology.com/training-courses/>
> Helpdesk and customer
> portal
> <
> https://astuntech.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ISHAREHELP/pages/364970043/Astun+Technology+Support+Portal
> >

> Company registration no. 5410695. Registered in England and Wales.
> Registered office: 120 Manor Green Road, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8LN VAT no.
> 864201149.

Re: Standard method of switching geonetwork to read-only mode

Jo Cook
Hi Francois,

No problem- it seems to behave OK with postgresql at least if you just
switch to a read-only user. The only thing to remember is to give that
user select permissions on all the tables. I think this should be
documented though- I'll find a suitable place for it.

Jo