Sponsor Networking / Info Exchange

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
One of the perks of the higher level sponsorship levels is to have
some time with the board at the annual event.

Both Autodesk and INPE have sponsored at a level that provides these:

* Invitation to Sponsor Information Exchange Event with Board of
Directors following annual OSGeo International Conference

* Invitation to Sponsor Networking Event with OSGeo Board of
Directors and other invited guests following annual OSGeo
International Conference

Any ideas for pulling something like this together?  I'd have to dig
into the archives to see more specifically what we'd been thinking
for these meeting, but I think I remember the general idea.

Re: [Board] Sponsor Networking / Info Exchange

Dave McIlhagga
Tyler,

The goal was to be able to provide a time-slot after the conference
for a brief presentation (probably by the President and Executive
Director) on the activities of the past year, upcoming activities
etc.. with as much of the board present in order to have an exchange
of ideas for the future with our key sponsors. This would be followed
by a networking opportunity for board and guests.

In some respects, I think of this as a feel good event for our key
sponsors, an opportunity to thank them for their ongoing support, and
a chance to show in a bit more depth how their support is helping the
foundation in terms of reaching it's goals.

Priority #1 obviously would be to ensure that our key sponsors ( in
this case INPE and Autodesk) can participate, and to work with them
on specific timing to work around their schedules.

Since we only have 2 eligible sponsors at this point, we might want
to consider for this event only inviting other sponsors to send a
representative if they are interested.

I assume we would need to coordinate this with the organizing committee.

Dave

On 6-Aug-07, at 1:16 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:

> One of the perks of the higher level sponsorship levels is to have
> some time with the board at the annual event.
>
> Both Autodesk and INPE have sponsored at a level that provides these:
>
> * Invitation to Sponsor Information Exchange Event with Board of
> Directors following annual OSGeo International Conference
>
> * Invitation to Sponsor Networking Event with OSGeo Board of
> Directors and other invited guests following annual OSGeo
> International Conference
>
> Any ideas for pulling something like this together?  I'd have to
> dig into the archives to see more specifically what we'd been
> thinking for these meeting, but I think I remember the general idea.

Re: [Board] Sponsor Networking / Info Exchange

Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo)
I haven't been able to do anything along these lines this time
around.  Just mentioning it in case someone else has some energy to
through at it.

Tyler

On 7-Aug-07, at 8:06 AM, Dave McIlhagga wrote:

> Tyler,
>
> The goal was to be able to provide a time-slot after the conference
> for a brief presentation (probably by the President and Executive
> Director) on the activities of the past year, upcoming activities
> etc.. with as much of the board present in order to have an
> exchange of ideas for the future with our key sponsors. This would
> be followed by a networking opportunity for board and guests.
>
> In some respects, I think of this as a feel good event for our key
> sponsors, an opportunity to thank them for their ongoing support,
> and a chance to show in a bit more depth how their support is
> helping the foundation in terms of reaching it's goals.
>
> Priority #1 obviously would be to ensure that our key sponsors ( in
> this case INPE and Autodesk) can participate, and to work with them
> on specific timing to work around their schedules.
>
> Since we only have 2 eligible sponsors at this point, we might want
> to consider for this event only inviting other sponsors to send a
> representative if they are interested.
>
> I assume we would need to coordinate this with the organizing
> committee.
>
> Dave
>

> On 6-Aug-07, at 1:16 PM, Tyler Mitchell (OSGeo) wrote:
>
>> One of the perks of the higher level sponsorship levels is to have
>> some time with the board at the annual event.
>>
>> Both Autodesk and INPE have sponsored at a level that provides these:
>>
>> * Invitation to Sponsor Information Exchange Event with Board of
>> Directors following annual OSGeo International Conference
>>
>> * Invitation to Sponsor Networking Event with OSGeo Board of
>> Directors and other invited guests following annual OSGeo
>> International Conference
>>
>> Any ideas for pulling something like this together?  I'd have to
>> dig into the archives to see more specifically what we'd been
>> thinking for these meeting, but I think I remember the general idea.

Tyler Mitchell
Executive Director
Open Source Geospatial Foundation
[hidden email]