Spatial information of prisons in South Africa

Spatial information of prisons in South Africa

Aslam Parker-2

Hi

Can anyone please assist with spatial information of prisons in South Africa. We (CD: NGI) has the spatial (points/polygon) captured but we don’t have associated names.

Re: Spatial information of prisons in South Africa

Antony Cooper
Dear Aslam

They are listed on the web site of the Department of Correctional
Services, with contact details, see: http://www.dcs.gov.za/?page_id=1128

The trick is from the DCS home page, pick Offender Visitation and then
Find a Centre.

Regards
Antony

>>> Aslam Parker <[hidden email]> 05/05/20 1:01 PM >>>
Hi

Can anyone please assist with spatial information of prisons in South
Africa. We (CD: NGI) has the spatial (points/polygon) captured but we
don’t have associated names.

Re: Spatial information of prisons in South Africa

Aslam Parker-2

Dear Anthony

I hope you are well. Thank you for the guidance

The trick is from the DCS home page, pick Offender Visitation and then Find a Centre.

Regards
Antony

>>> Aslam Parker <[hidden email]> 05/05/20 1:01 PM >>>
Hi

Can anyone please assist with spatial information of prisons in South Africa. We (CD: NGI) has the spatial (points/polygon) captured but we don’t have associated names.

CoJ Web Map Service

Hester Badenhorst
Good day colleagues

For CoJ:  Is anyone aware of, or is there a WMS address which can be used in ArcGIS directly?

Kind regards,
Hester Badenhorst

IMPORTANT MESSAGE:  In light of recent events regarding the COVID-19 outbreak, we wanted to reach out and reassure you that we have taken every available measure to ensure our service levels are not interrupted over the coming weeks and months.
We already operate with a long-standing work-from-home-policy, so it will be business as usual from us; security, speed and up-time will continue to operate at normal levels.

Hester Badenhorst (Spatial Analyst, BT&RP:UP)

SAPI Corporate Member: 12561
GISSA Member: YSXB-7421

Cell: 083 244 3837  -  Fax: 27112527219
Postnet Suite 402; Private Bag X025; Lynnwood Ridge; 0040

Landuse Survey App

  Click Click Survey Done!

ScoutMaster is a Web Mapping and Land use Survey application integrating mapping, data visualisation and project collaboration for land use survey teams in South Africa. ScoutMaster offers productivity tools for teams doing land use surveys in the Republic of South Africa.

Disclaimer
This e-mail is intended solely for the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential or privileged information. If you have received it in error please notify us immediately by return e-mail or by telephone +27 (0)82 467 5110 and delete the e-mail. You may not copy, distribute, disclose or take any action in reliance on it. While we take reasonable precautions to minimise the risk of an attachment containing computer viruses this possibility still exists. We cannot accept liability for any damage which you may sustain as a result of a software virus. We recommend that you carry out your own virus checks before opening an attachment. We do not accept responsibility for any amendments made to any attached documents without our approval. We do not accept responsibility for private or personal messages e-mailed from our domain.

________________________________

On Tue, May 5, 2020 at 4:30 PM Aslam Parker <[hidden email]> wrote:

Dear Anthony

I hope you are well. Thank you for the guidance

The trick is from the DCS home page, pick Offender Visitation and then Find a Centre.

Regards
Antony

>>> Aslam Parker <[hidden email]> 05/05/20 1:01 PM >>>
Hi

Can anyone please assist with spatial information of prisons in South Africa. We (CD: NGI) has the spatial (points/polygon) captured but we don’t have associated names.

Routable road network Australia

Hester Badenhorst
Hi colleagues.

I know this is the Africa chapter, but maybe somebody has knowledge of where I might find a routable road netwerk for Australia.

Kind regards,
Hester