Spatial conversion

ytse
Hi everyone,

are there any ways to convert coordinates from one system to another using FDO ?
(In my case that would be from LAMBERT IIe to WGS84)

By the way I know my files are in this system, but is it possible to detect it using FDO ?
I thought I'd be able to do this by using using OSGeo.FDO.Commands.SpatialContext but I haven't obtained anything else that "Default" in GetName() for my test files ?

thank you

RE: Spatial conversion

Gavin Cramer
FDO does not itself support coordinate conversion.  What you will get from the Spatial Context is the name or definition of a coordinate system.  There are several ways to get do what you want...

1.  If you are using MapGuide, its API can do it.  The open-source version effectively results in the next approach...

2.  Use OGR directly.  Both this solution and #1 above will result in calls to PROJ.4 (http://www.remotesensing.org/proj/).

3. Spin your own solution, using whatever general solution (like PROJ.4) that you have available.  You can save time coding access to the FGF content by using a handy example class that sits in GeometryTest.cpp, in the FDO unit test.  Look for the GeometryConverter class.  You just have to fill in or override the ConvertPosition() methods to call whatever conversion package you choose.

I haven't worked much directly with the components for #1 or #2 above, so hopefully someone else will give more details if one of those fits your case.

Gavin

RE: Spatial conversion

Dan Stoica
" ... but I haven't obtained anything else that "Default" in GetName() for my test files ?"

GetName() returns the name of the Spatial Context.
Look for GetCoordinateSystem() and GetCoordinateSystemWkt() for info pertaining the Coordinate System.

Dan.