Spanish translation

Daniel Torres
Hi, I'm from México, obviously I want to help in spanish translation, however don't fully understand the way to do it, could any one explains me the translation dynamics? And... after I translate a part, what do I need to do?

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: Spanish translation

dia.abdoul
Hi Daniel,

You could start from here: http://grass.osgeo.org/development/translations/

Cheers
Abdoul

On 14-12-06 10:56 PM, Daniel Torres wrote:
Hi, I'm from México, obviously I want to help in spanish translation, however don't fully understand the way to do it, could any one explains me the translation dynamics? And... after I translate a part, what do I need to do?

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: Spanish translation

Daniel Torres
Hi, I'm doing the spanish translation of GRASS 7, and found on the glossary (http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Translation_Glossary) that the translation of "location" is "localización", that, as far as I understand is not a very adequate translation, I think that "localidad" would be a better and more intuitive translation. ¿Any suggestion or abjection to this?

Buenas, estoy empezando a hacer la traducción al español de GRASS 7, encontré que en el glosario (http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_Translation_Glossary) la traducción para "location" es "localización", sin embargo esa palabra es, a mi parecer, inadecuada, creo debería ser sustituida por localidad, que es una traducción más adecuada y da una mejor idea del concepto de location. ¿Alguien con alguna objeción o propuesta? si esto es aceptado, ¿cómo cambiar lo que está en el glosario?

PD. After translating a piece to whom I send the modified file?

Saludos,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,

You could start from here: http://grass.osgeo.org/development/translations/

Cheers
Abdoul

On 14-12-06 10:56 PM, Daniel Torres wrote:
Hi, I'm from México, obviously I want to help in spanish translation, however don't fully understand the way to do it, could any one explains me the translation dynamics? And... after I translate a part, what do I need to do?

Cheers,
Daniel

Re: Spanish translation

Enrique Cerrillo Cuenca-3
Hi,

“Location” does not mean “localidad” (municipality, village) in Spanish. I think that although “localización” might sound weird in Spanish, is the right term. “Localización” means “action and effect of locating” (Royal Academy of Spanish language: Acción y efecto de localizar).

Some years ago there was a person who managed the Spanish translations of GRASS, but I don’t know who is in charge right now.

Enrique

El 8/12/2014, a las 3:07, Daniel Torres <[hidden email]> escribió:

[...]

Fwd: Spanish translation

Daniel Torres

Thanks Enrique, I meant localidad as a synonym of place (http://lema.rae.es/drae/?val=localidad), more than as municipality or village, but as you pointed it could be -wrongly- interpreted in that way.

...so, after I translate a part, what should I do?

Daniel

[...]

I collaborated in the translation several years ago, so I have no idea about who is currently in charge. During that time we send the “.po” files to Carlos Dávila, who was authorised to upload them in the repository. I’m also forwarding this email to the Spanish list, maybe someone can help you there.

Regarding to the translation of “location", you were right, Daniel. “Localidad” is actually a correct translation. However, this sense of the word is uncommon in Castilian Spanish (I don’t know in American Spanish, unfortunately). The best translation should be the one that sounds familiar to the most number of Spanish speakers around the world.

Enrique

[...]

Markus Neteler
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 12:55 PM, Enrique Cerrillo Cuenca
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> I collaborated in the translation several years ago, so I have no idea about
> who is currently in charge. During that time we send the “.po” files to
> Carlos Dávila, who was authorised to upload them in the repository. I’m also
> forwarding this email to the Spanish list, maybe someone can help you there.

Please send the .po files to me for upload. I have a merge script for that.

Markus

Re: Spanish translation

Markus Neteler
Dear Daniel,

(cc list for their information)

On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 6:46 AM, Daniel Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Markus,
>
> send you the .po files from spanish translation.

Thanks, I have updated the headers and merged them into 7.1.svn and 7.0.svn.

> Thank you and all the GRASS GIS developers for this incredible software

Thanks to the great community :-)

Best
Markus

> Greetings from México,
> Daniel

Re: Spanish translation

Markus Neteler
Dear Daniel,

(cc list - FYI)

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 5:20 AM, Daniel Torres <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Dear Markus,
>
> send you the spanish translation

thanks, I have merged them into 7.0.relbranch and 7.1.trunk.

Best
Markus

PS:
@all: other translation contributions, even small, are welcome! Just