South African Harbor Shapefiles (Durban)

South African Harbor Shapefiles (Durban)

Khalid Mather
Greetings to all , trust this message finds you well.

Am inquiring if anyone knows where I can find harbor shapefies, particularly for smaller features such as drainage outlets, mangroves, sandbanks and such for the Durban Harbor?

The information will be used to inform some clean-up operations regarding the water quality of the same. Transnet has been approached, but the data is bare and scant of real detail.

Any assistance with such is kindly appreciated

Warmest regards
Khalid

Re: South African Harbor Shapefiles (Durban)

lydiadt
Try the Sanbi data re mangroves and sandbanks. You can contact eThekwini Metro for any other daya you might need. They are very helpfull and have good GIS data.

Sent from my Samsung device

Re: South African Harbor Shapefiles (Durban)

Angie Atkinson

Link to the 2012 National Estuaries dataset on SANBI http://bgis.sanbi.org/estuaries