Some translations in ts file disappear after updating

Some translations in ts file disappear after updating

Carlos Dávila
Hello all
I have updated my local copy of qgis_es.ts using available
update_ts_files.sh script. After that, strings that have been modified
in source code (even a single .) have disappeared. Shouldn't they be
kept and marked as fuzzy, so that translators only need to modify
previous translation? In other projects I translate, using po files,
this is the way things go, saving a lot of time of translators.
Greetings
Carlos

Re: Some translations in ts file disappear after updating

Magnus Homann
Carlos Dávila wrote:
> Hello all
> I have updated my local copy of qgis_es.ts using available
> update_ts_files.sh script. After that, strings that have been modified
> in source code (even a single .) have disappeared. Shouldn't they be
> kept and marked as fuzzy, so that translators only need to modify
> previous translation? In other projects I translate, using po files,
> this is the way things go, saving a lot of time of translators.

That would be a good idea, but is it possible to do?

I recommend not staring translation until string freeze.
--
Magnus Homann

Magnus Homann escribió:

> Carlos Dávila wrote:
>> Hello all
>> I have updated my local copy of qgis_es.ts using available
>> update_ts_files.sh script. After that, strings that have been
>> modified in source code (even a single .) have disappeared. Shouldn't
>> they be kept and marked as fuzzy, so that translators only need to
>> modify previous translation? In other projects I translate, using po
>> files, this is the way things go, saving a lot of time of translators.
>
> That would be a good idea, but is it possible to do?
I don't know, that's my question also for developers.

> I recommend not staring translation until string freeze.
I know, thanks. I just wanted to get an idea of the amount of strings
will need to be translated after string freeze.
Regards,

Carlos Dávila wrote:
> Magnus Homann escribió:

>> I recommend not staring translation until string freeze.
> I know, thanks. I just wanted to get an idea of the amount of strings
> will need to be translated after string freeze.

If you do that, please report any strange strings (containg more than a
small amount of HTML mark-up) for instance, and I'll try to fix as mucha
as possibel before string freeze.

Magnus