Some mock-ups

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi all,
Here are some mock ups for future Geonetwork releases (not sure if we
get this done in the 2.1 release :-) )

http://geonetwork-opensource.org/img/mock-up

Looking forward to comments.
Ciao,
Jeroen

Re: [GeoNetwork-devel] Some mock-ups

François-Xavier PRUNAYRE

Hi Jeroen et al,

All these mock ups looks fine ... Having the simple search interface on the
left side allows a better visibility of the results and it's quicker to get
from result to search ... We also have the banner on top using a significant
part of the screen.

When we have the small maps and results on the same page, we could also
propose to highlight the bounding box of the metadata on mouse over on the
map :)

From where is coming the "rating" info ? From Lucene ?

In the result page, we could also propose to the user the list of keywords
and categories found by Lucene. Then users could re-define his query
selecting one of the term proposed to get less results.(example of lucene
search info
http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/xml.search?any=population). But for
this we should also have good keyword control on metadata editing.

Cheers. Francois

Here are some mock ups for future Geonetwork releases (not sure if we get
this done in the 2.1 release :-) )

http://geonetwork-opensource.org/img/mock-up

Looking forward to comments.
Ciao,
Jeroen

GeoNetwork OpenSource is maintained at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/geonetwork

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et
rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels,
confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme
partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal,
confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or
distribution must be authorized.

--
Ce message a ete verifie par MailScanner pour des virus ou des polluriels et rien de suspect n'a ete trouve.

Les donnees et renseignements contenus dans ce message sont personnels, confidentiels et prives. Toute publication, utilisation ou diffusion, meme partielle, doit etre autorisee.

Any data and information contained in this electronic mail is personal, confidential and secret. Any total or partial publication, use or distribution must be authorized.

Re: [SPAM] RE: [GeoNetwork-devel] Some mock-ups

Jeroen Ticheler-3
Hi Francois,
You're full on the ball! Exactly these things have not been added yet
and were things we discussed here too! :-)

On Oct 5, 2006, at 8:51 AM, François Prunayre wrote:

> Hi Jeroen et al,
>
> All these mock ups looks fine ... Having the simple search
> interface on the
> left side allows a better visibility of the results and it's
> quicker to get
> from result to search ... We also have the banner on top using a
> significant
> part of the screen.
>
> When we have the small maps and results on the same page, we could
> also
> propose to highlight the bounding box of the metadata on mouse over
> on the
> map :)

Yes, that's a cool idea!

> From where is coming the "rating" info ? From Lucene ?

No, I was thinking of a user rating: users can rate a dataset/map/
whatever and the average rating will be displayed. (Probably this
rating could be stored as a Lucene index to allow search on it!?)

> In the result page, we could also propose to the user the list of
> keywords
> and categories found by Lucene. Then users could re-define his query
> selecting one of the term proposed to get less results.(example of
> lucene
> search info
> http://www.fao.org/geonetwork/srv/en/xml.search?any=population).
> But for
> this we should also have good keyword control on metadata editing.

Yes, I wanted to include this although I didn't find a good form yet.
Was thinking to display keywords found in the result set and indicate
with each one of them how many records were in the catalog.
On the Thesaurus, I'm waiting for your contributions :-) When do you
expect something will be ready/ contributed?

Thanks again!
Ciao,
Jeroen