[SoC] GSoC 2020 Results!

Rahul Chauhan

Dear Members of the OSGeo Community,

Greetings. Hope you all are doing great.

It is our pleasure to announce that all the 10 GSoC (Google Summer of Code) students have successfully completed the program this year through OSGeo!

You can find out more about the completed projects at:

https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5173753207586816/#projects

and student status report wiki page at [1]:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Student_Status_Report

All the details associated with the Google Summer of Code 2020 with OSGeo has been compiled at [2]. In the 16th year of Google Summer of Code (GSoC) [3], 1.106 students from 65 countries have successfully completed the 2020 program.

We would like to wholeheartedly thank all the OSGeo mentors who dedicated their invaluable time and experience to this program, you are the core of GSoC!  Thanks also to our students, we are sure you have learnt a lot and also had some fun, and we hope you decide to remain in the OSGeo community becoming active developers and the future generation of GSoC mentors!

If you participated this year as a student or as a mentor, please take the time to leave us your feedback, as we try to improve the experience each year.

We created a page

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Improvements

where you can leave your comments and suggestions, please feel free to expand it, or to contact us directly to discuss your ideas.

Kind regards,

Your OSGeo GSoC Admins Team

[1] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020_Student_Status_Report

[2] https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2020

[3] https://opensource.googleblog.com/2020/09/google-summer-of-code-2020-learning.html

Re: [SoC] GSoC 2020 Results!

Sergio Acosta y Lara

​Great news! Congratulations to all participants: students and mentors!

Sergio Acosta y Lara
Departamento de Geomática
Dirección Nacional de Topografía
URUGUAY