[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Develop CQL Filter implementation for pygeoapi - Coding Period Week 8 Report

[SoC] GSoC 2020 - Develop CQL Filter implementation for pygeoapi - Coding Period Week 8 Report

Farheen Bano
Hi Everyone,

This is my report for the period (July 20- July 26). The updated report can also be found at the project wiki page https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GSoC_2020_Develop_CQL_Filter_implementation_for_pygeoapi. The forked repo of the project can be found here https://github.com/FarheenB/pygeoapi

What I have done during this period?
  • Restructured pycql implementation for CSV Provider.
  • Proposed a design plan for generic implementation of CQL filters for all pygeoapi data providers.
  • Added custom CQL Exception class to handle all the exceptions related to CQL filters.
  • Added more unit test cases.

What am I going to achieve for next week?

  • Define functions for evaluating NotConditionNode, BetweenPredicateNode, LikePredicateNode, ArithmeticExpressionNode, InPredicateNode, NullPredicateNode, TemporalPredicateNode, SpatialPredicateNode, and BBoxPredicateNode of AST.
  • Work on the design plan proposed and deliver a generic code base.

Are there any blockers?

  • No blockers for now

P.S- Past 3 days I was down with high fever and was on complete bed rest, so could work only 4 days this week. I plan to resume my work from tomorrow and will be back on schedule. I have informed my mentors about it too.

Regards,
Farheen Bano