So we have a form for geoforall labs but it is not ready yet

So we have a form for geoforall labs but it is not ready yet

jody.garnett
I sent a form for service providers and osgeo projects to the discuss email list (results of the code-sprint at foss4ge).

Please have a look at the following as a reference:

There is also a form for geoforall labs, but it only has fields to fill in no descriptions. Is anyone available to help fill in the descriptions and "play test" the form so we can share it with the geoforall mailing list?

I know there were some strong desire that we could always use a google form to mange geoforall labs, and collect lat/lon locations at the same time for the map. Jeff Johnson seemed to think this was possible - but for now out task is clear. Gather as many geoforall labs as we can for the beta website.

Here is the form, request edit permission if you can possibly help:

--
Jody Garnett

Re: So we have a form for geoforall labs but it is not ready yet

Jeffrey Johnson
The main thing we need to think about if we decide to use a google form long term is how we can implement some sort of curation process so people are not just editing live agains the site and errors/mistakes are immediately published.

Lets work to get this first round of data gathered and we can discuss the update process later.

On Thu, Jul 27, 2017 at 7:46 AM, Jody Garnett <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Peter Mooney
Hi Jody, all,

I've just filled in the form - it looks great. It is easy to work with.

I have the advantage of having been familiar with the Wiki page for the table of GeoForAll labs. In this case
we might need to add a sentence or two stating that the lat/long should be just in standard latitude/longitude decimal format - for example my office location 53.384781,-6.601496

We might also need to indicate that the text about 'The Institution' relates to the larger institution that many GeoForAll labs are in - for example my lab is within a department within a University (the Institution).

Otherwise it is great - such a big step away from the Wiki table.

Peter