Smoothing contours

Dmitriy Tyugaev
Hi list,

Help me please! I have a set of contours, which are created from raster cropped by the mask.
After smoothing the contours with "v.generalize method=boyle look_ahead=5", I get the following result.

http://www.image-share.com/ipng-1014-170.html
http://www.image-share.com/ipng-1014-171.html

It looks like as a two lines, but this is a one feature.

How can I fix it?
--
Best regards, Dmitriy

Re: Smoothing contours

Maris Nartiss
Hello,
but do original, unsmoothed vector also contains two lines?
Where those lines generated in GRASS or some other (not so
intelligent) software?

If manual splitting and deleting unnecessary parts  is not an option,
I would suggest to play around with v.clean. Don't forget to make a
backup, as it might take lots of experiments to find the right
combination.

Maris.