Small presentation

Jonathan Beliën
Hi everyone,

Very happy to join you.
I probably met some of you yesterday at OSGeoDevEvening (very nice by the way) and Moritz last Saturday at Missing Maps Mapathon (also very nice).

I'm a Web Developer from Brussels.

I work as employee in a small company from Laeken (Brussels) named GEO-6 since 2005.
We mainly develop web applications using web mapping.
At first we used our own MapServer (developed by a former employee - running under Windows to display MapInfo files) with our own JavaScript library to display and interact with the map. Yes, we totally reinvented the wheel ... not very clever I agree.

In 2013, we finally decided to switch from Windows to Linux and switch from our custom map applications (difficult to maintain) to open-source solutions. We choose to use OSGeo MapServer, Leaflet JS Library and the power of GDAL library. Very (VERY) happy to have switched even if today I regret to have chosen Leaflet over OpenLayers (which seemed a little bit "old") and so currently (slowly) migrating from Leaflet to OpenLayers 3.

I also work as Freelance Web Developer on my spare time. Also in web development but not "limited" to web mapping applications.

I'm an OpenStreetMap member since 2012 but did my first real contribution last Saturday (not very proud about having waited 4 years to finally contribute) : http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jbelien

Small publicity on a personnal project : https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-PHP-Library (Library to read/write MapServer mapfile using PHP).

As I said to Moritz and Marc, I will gladly help if you need me (whatever the help needed).

Great evening to everyone.
See you soon.

Jonathan Beliën
@jbelien

Re: Small presentation

dirkf
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to OSGeo.
Thank you for your introduction, and maybe you should consider to put it
on the OSGeo wiki, where you can create a user profile.

I was contributing in Ghent on the Missing Maps Mapathon, and couldn't
be at the OSGeoDevEvening, but I’m sure we will have the opportunity to
meet in the near future.

Dirk.

On 19-04-16 18:33, Jonathan Beliën wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> Very happy to join you.
> I probably met some of you yesterday at OSGeoDevEvening (very nice by
> the way) and Moritz last Saturday at Missing Maps Mapathon (also very nice).
>
> I'm a Web Developer from Brussels.
>
> I work as employee in a small company from Laeken (Brussels) named GEO-6
> since 2005.
> We mainly develop web applications using web mapping.
> At first we used our own MapServer (developed by a former employee -
> running under Windows to display MapInfo files) with our own JavaScript
> library to display and interact with the map. Yes, we totally reinvented
> the wheel ... not very clever I agree.
>
> In 2013, we finally decided to switch from Windows to Linux and switch
> from our custom map applications (difficult to maintain) to open-source
> solutions. We choose to use OSGeo MapServer, Leaflet JS Library and the
> power of GDAL library. Very (VERY) happy to have switched even if today
> I regret to have chosen Leaflet over OpenLayers (which seemed a little
> bit "old") and so currently (slowly) migrating from Leaflet to OpenLayers 3.
>
> I also work as Freelance Web Developer on my spare time. Also in web
> development but not "limited" to web mapping applications.
>
> I'm an OpenStreetMap member since 2012 but did my first real
> contribution last Saturday (not very proud about having waited 4 years
> to finally contribute) : http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jbelien
>
> Small publicity on a personnal project :
> https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-PHP-Library (Library to read/write
> MapServer mapfile using PHP).
>
> As I said to Moritz and Marc, I will gladly help if you need me
> (whatever the help needed).
>
> Great evening to everyone.
> See you soon.
>
> Jonathan Beliën
> @jbelien

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Small presentation

Jonathan Beliën
Thanks Dirk.

I just did a request for an account on https://wiki.osgeo.org/
I will publish my "presentation" on my page as soon as I get access to the wiki

Have a great day.

Jonathan

Le mer. 20 avr. 2016 à 12:08, Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to OSGeo.
Thank you for your introduction, and maybe you should consider to put it
on the OSGeo wiki, where you can create a user profile.

I was contributing in Ghent on the Missing Maps Mapathon, and couldn't
be at the OSGeoDevEvening, but I’m sure we will have the opportunity to
meet in the near future.

Dirk.

On 19-04-16 18:33, Jonathan Beliën wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Very happy to join you.
> I probably met some of you yesterday at OSGeoDevEvening (very nice by
> the way) and Moritz last Saturday at Missing Maps Mapathon (also very nice).
>
> I'm a Web Developer from Brussels.
>
> I work as employee in a small company from Laeken (Brussels) named GEO-6
> since 2005.
> We mainly develop web applications using web mapping.
> At first we used our own MapServer (developed by a former employee -
> running under Windows to display MapInfo files) with our own JavaScript
> library to display and interact with the map. Yes, we totally reinvented
> the wheel ... not very clever I agree.
>
> In 2013, we finally decided to switch from Windows to Linux and switch
> from our custom map applications (difficult to maintain) to open-source
> solutions. We choose to use OSGeo MapServer, Leaflet JS Library and the
> power of GDAL library. Very (VERY) happy to have switched even if today
> I regret to have chosen Leaflet over OpenLayers (which seemed a little
> bit "old") and so currently (slowly) migrating from Leaflet to OpenLayers 3.
>
> I also work as Freelance Web Developer on my spare time. Also in web
> development but not "limited" to web mapping applications.
>
> I'm an OpenStreetMap member since 2012 but did my first real
> contribution last Saturday (not very proud about having waited 4 years
> to finally contribute) : http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jbelien
>
> Small publicity on a personnal project :
> https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-PHP-Library (Library to read/write
> MapServer mapfile using PHP).
>
> As I said to Moritz and Marc, I will gladly help if you need me
> (whatever the help needed).
>
> Great evening to everyone.
> See you soon.
>
> Jonathan Beliën
> @jbelien

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: +32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Re: Small presentation

Oliver May
Ho Jonathan,

welcome on board!

cheers,

Oliver

Thanks Dirk.

I just did a request for an account on https://wiki.osgeo.org/
I will publish my "presentation" on my page as soon as I get access to the wiki

Have a great day.

Jonathan

Le mer. 20 avr. 2016 à 12:08, Dirk Frigne <[hidden email]> a écrit :
Hi Jonathan,

Welcome to OSGeo.
Thank you for your introduction, and maybe you should consider to put it
on the OSGeo wiki, where you can create a user profile.

I was contributing in Ghent on the Missing Maps Mapathon, and couldn't
be at the OSGeoDevEvening, but I’m sure we will have the opportunity to
meet in the near future.

Dirk.

On 19-04-16 18:33, Jonathan Beliën wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Very happy to join you.
> I probably met some of you yesterday at OSGeoDevEvening (very nice by
> the way) and Moritz last Saturday at Missing Maps Mapathon (also very nice).
>
> I'm a Web Developer from Brussels.
>
> I work as employee in a small company from Laeken (Brussels) named GEO-6
> since 2005.
> We mainly develop web applications using web mapping.
> At first we used our own MapServer (developed by a former employee -
> running under Windows to display MapInfo files) with our own JavaScript
> library to display and interact with the map. Yes, we totally reinvented
> the wheel ... not very clever I agree.
>
> In 2013, we finally decided to switch from Windows to Linux and switch
> from our custom map applications (difficult to maintain) to open-source
> solutions. We choose to use OSGeo MapServer, Leaflet JS Library and the
> power of GDAL library. Very (VERY) happy to have switched even if today
> I regret to have chosen Leaflet over OpenLayers (which seemed a little
> bit "old") and so currently (slowly) migrating from Leaflet to OpenLayers 3.
>
> I also work as Freelance Web Developer on my spare time. Also in web
> development but not "limited" to web mapping applications.
>
> I'm an OpenStreetMap member since 2012 but did my first real
> contribution last Saturday (not very proud about having waited 4 years
> to finally contribute) : http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jbelien
>
> Small publicity on a personnal project :
> https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-PHP-Library (Library to read/write
> MapServer mapfile using PHP).
>
> As I said to Moritz and Marc, I will gladly help if you need me
> (whatever the help needed).
>
> Great evening to everyone.
> See you soon.
>
> Jonathan Beliën
> @jbelien

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2060%2018" value="+3292366018" target="_blank">+32 9 236 60 18
GSM: +32 495 508 799

http://www.geomajas.org
http://www.geosparc.com

@DFrigne
be.linkedin.com/in/frigne

Oliver May

DFC Software Engineering

Brugsesteenweg 587
9030 Gent
T: +32 (0)484 97 77 70
F: +32 (0)9 236 54 12

W: http://www.dfc.be

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Re: Small presentation

Maelle Vercauteren
Hi Jonathan and welcome !

Thanks for your presentation and proposition of help !
Maybe it would be interesting for you to help us to organise our FOSS4G.be 2016 on september 22 (the day before state of the map). We will have a kickoff meeting (using skype or google hangout) for the event, and everyone is invited to join. So if you would like to participate, please fill out the following poll so we can choose a date:
https://framadate.org/ryPSLTWO28UwopGn

Cheers,
Maë//e

> [...]

> contribution last Saturday (not very proud about having waited 4 years
> to finally contribute) : http://www.openstreetmap.org/user/jbelien
>
> Small publicity on a personnal project :
> https://github.com/jbelien/MapFile-PHP-Library (Library to read/write
> MapServer mapfile using PHP).
>
> As I said to Moritz and Marc, I will gladly help if you need me
> (whatever the help needed).
>
> Great evening to everyone.
> See you soon.
>
> Jonathan Beliën
> @jbelien

Yours sincerely,

ir. Dirk Frigne
CEO @geosparc

Geosparc n.v.
Brugsesteenweg 587
B-9030 Ghent
Tel: <a href="tel:%2B32%209%20236%2060%2018" value="+3292366018" target="_blank">+32 9 236 60 18

T: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%29484%2097%2077%2070" value="+32484977770" target="_blank">+32 (0)484 97 77 70
F: <a href="tel:%2B32%20%280%299%20236%2054%2012" value="+3292365412" target="_blank">+32 (0)9 236 54 12

W: http://www.dfc.be

Skype: skype://dfc.olivermay

Twitter: olivermay_be

Maëlle VERCAUTEREN DRUBBEL
Coordinatrice du stage SIG Libres ARES

Université Libre de Bruxelles -
IGEAT (CP 130 / 03)

Campus du Solbosch
Av. F. D. Roosevelt, 50
B-1050 Bruxelles
Tél.: 02/650.68.14 Fax: 02/650.50.92 Local: DB6.143