Slow web page and missing downloads

Jonathan Aguero

Listers,

I visited QGIS community page minutes ago (11AM US ET) and the page was very very slowwwwwww, to the point I felt I was surfing with dial-up again. I am using IE7 so that might be the problem. Does somebody else experience the same?

In other note, I was looking for downloads for 0.8.1 for OSs other than windows but I couldn’t find any file. Am I looking at the wrong place?

Thanks

Jonathan Aguero Valverde

Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate

Pennsylvania State University

The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute

201 Transportation Research Building

University Park, PA 16802

www.personal.psu.edu/jua130

Re: Slow web page and missing downloads

Gary Sherman-2

RE: Slow web page and missing downloads

Jonathan Aguero
Gary,
I am actually using Windows but since a previous threat ask for a problem
with loading shape files that seem to be resolved in the 0.8.1p3 I thought
it might help this person if he was able to get this prerelease in his
platform. Now that I think more about it, this is actually a pre-release so
the equivalent to the development version on LINUX/OS X.
I also got this mail from you without even getting the mail I sent to the
list in my mailbox. Is there a reason for the delay on the mails sent from
the list?

Jonathan Aguero Valverde
Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate
Pennsylvania State University
The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
201 Transportation Research Building
University Park, PA 16802
www.personal.psu.edu/jua130

Re: Slow web page and missing downloads

Tim Sutton
Hi Jonathan

The server was slow due to (another) denial of server attack on our server.

The preview three download is available at:

http://qgis.org/uploadfiles/testbuilds/qgis_setup0.8.1preview3.exe

Services on the server seem to have returned to normal again....

Regards

Tim

2007/3/22, Jonathan Aguero <[hidden email]>:

> Gary,
> I am actually using Windows but since a previous threat ask for a problem
> with loading shape files that seem to be resolved in the 0.8.1p3 I thought
> it might help this person if he was able to get this prerelease in his
> platform. Now that I think more about it, this is actually a pre-release so
> the equivalent to the development version on LINUX/OS X.
> I also got this mail from you without even getting the mail I sent to the
> list in my mailbox. Is there a reason for the delay on the mails sent from
> the list?
>
> Jonathan Aguero Valverde
> Research Assistant and Ph.D. Candidate
> Pennsylvania State University
> The Pennsylvania Transportation Institute
> 201 Transportation Research Building
> University Park, PA 16802
> www.personal.psu.edu/jua130

Tim Sutton