Simple Question about seeding

Lessard Alexandre
Hi all,
     I have a simple question about seeding, I'd like to know if seeding
via the python script will force t rewrite of cached tiles? Like if i
could only refresh a BBOX for where data changed and not having to clear
all the cache.

Thanks!

Belug

Re: Simple Question about seeding

Eric Wolf-2
The tilecache_seed.py pretty much just invokes TileCache. This means that it won't overwrite tiles that already exist.

One thing you can do is delete the tiles that you think have been changed and then rerun the full seeding.

I've been working on some Python scripts to provide more finely tuned cache seeding but haven't put them on Github yet.

-Eric

Eric B. Wolf                           720-334-7734

On Wed, Jun 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Lessard Alexandre <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,
   I have a simple question about seeding, I'd like to know if seeding via the python script will force t rewrite of cached tiles? Like if i could only refresh a BBOX for where data changed and not having to clear all the cache.

Thanks!

Belug

Re: Simple Question about seeding

Alexandre Dubé
Hi,

  The -f, --force parameter forces the recreation of tiles, so using in combination with the -b parameter will do the trick.

  tilecache_seed --help :
    -f, --force           force recreation of tiles even if they are already in cache

Alexandre

On 12-06-20 02:35 PM, Eric Wolf wrote:
[...]

Mapgears
www.mapgears.com